Resealing tins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason, I have a major attachment to the tins, so I know where the guy in the video is coming from. I love everything about them and putting the tobacco in a jar just kills it for me. Not sure why.

FlatbushPaul

Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker
For some reason, I have a major attachment to the tins, so I know where the guy in the video is coming from. I love everything about them and putting the tobacco in a jar just kills it for me. Not sure why.
I personally have an attachment to the tobacco in the tin and with some tins that have a lot of age on them I smoke the tobacco sparingly to have an occasional treat, so the jars are the way to go for me.

Buckshot

I think it might work but it makes the tin look awful even with just one application. Imagine getting into the tin for a bowl every now and then. You would have to re-glue it each time and before long it would be one big gooey mess.

If I had an attraction to tins I would not do this. I think it would more likely ruin the tin than preserve it.

I like cobbsmoker's idea of putting it in a jar, tin and all.

That wouldn't work for me either as I have about 50 or 60 open tins. For me jars are the best and only option.They keep the blend just as the blender intended.
I only throw tins in my humi that I am smoking out of.I jar everything I've opened in larger containers or bulk stuff.I probably only have 7 or 8 open tins in that humi.

Ron

KN092011

I'm also attached to the tins; I guess I just like shiny things. For long term storage (>1 month) I'll throw the tobacco into a jar and put the tin in a box. When I'm ready to actively smoke that blend, I'll put it back in it's tin and go from there. Best of both worlds. I do find its easier to use out of the tin than from the mason jar myself, so although its a little hassle up front, it's easier to access that blend when I'm ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.