1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Rigoletto Churchwarden

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Doogie, Jan 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doogie

Doogie Member

In general should the angle of the hole in the bowl be the same as the hole in the stem? I have also read that the hole in the bowl should enter pretty close to the bottom of the bowl. I have a Rigoletto CW and neither of these things are true.

It seems like the last 1/4 or so of my tobacco is soaked and unsmokable. I cannot pass a pipe cleaner all the way through the pipe when the stem is in the bowl.

2. user1975

user1975 Active Member

A lot of bent pipes that are good smokers will have the problem of not passing a cleaner, but the issue of the draft hole entering the bowl too high can be fixed by raising the heel with pipe mud to bring it up to where the draft hole enters the bowl.

Jussto, IrishRover and Lestrade like this.
  3. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Yep, some pipe mud will correct the problem!

Mark w4mms likes this.
  4. Doogie

Doogie Member

IrishRover likes this.
  5. Darkly

Darkly Active Member

Thats very true! I recommend a MM cob or two in the whilest you wait... I had a DrG Omega that had the exact same problems.. wouldn't pass a cleaner from button to bowl, and the draft hole was nearly a 1/4" above the floor of the bowl.. I did the pipe mud thang to it and it's now one of my regular briar smokers and does well.

6. user2428

user2428 Active Member

A good excuse to puff a stogie for sure!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.