1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

RMDavison Author

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Smoker99, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smoker99

Smoker99 Active Member

I bought this one a few weeks ago, and it is very well made, and with high quality (Mimmo) briar. The pipe was made to my specs and cost me a whopping $70. The maker does it as a hobby, and obviously has no interest in making money on them. I stumbled on his site thru another forum and am passing it on just as another source for a low priced hand made pipe. I have no connection to the maker other than having bought one pipe, and quickly ordered a second.
    [​IMG]

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Dear God thats nice ! The guy has got talent

3. erickghint

erickghint Member

What's his site? I'd like to see some of his other work.

4. Smoker99

Smoker99 Active Member

He is at
    http://www.rmdpipes.com/, his top price is $85 for a pipe some of the so called artisans would charge hundreds for.

5. Shootinok

Shootinok Member

thats 51flgoose.
    He's on here too....

6. erickghint

erickghint Member

Yes indeed it is. I didn't piece it together until I saw the photo on the site.

7. scworrell

scworrell Member

And now I know where to find him.... :crazysmile:

8. Mike Pomery

Mike Pomery Active Member

9. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

I've always said there should be a place on everyon's racks for some plain, simple, classic well crafted pipes without excessive ornamentation. That's a seriously nice pipe and there's nowhere to hide in a finish like that.

Many happy years with it!

Best to all

Gerry

10. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Not only is Bob a top-shelf artisan, but he's a true gentleman in every sense of the word. I picked up a Brewster billiard he reconditioned for only $15 plus shipping and he generously tossed in a large sample of 5100 Red Cake. I blame him for my current addiction. Seriously though, Bob's a totally stand-up guy and a gem to do business with!

11. Traderbob

Traderbob Member

I sencond that - I have a great Liverpool Bob made to my spec as a part of a trade!

Traderbob

12. GlassEye

GlassEye Member

That is fine looking pipe. I may have to get one of his pieces at some point.

13. sorringowl

sorringowl sorringowlandsons.com

Very nice pipes, Bob! And very nice restos! Check out the resto job of a suuuuper beat up Medico Jetstream. Nice work!

14. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Very nice and sleek author! I guess Rob can expect a pm from me in the future :whistle::)

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

15. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Keep whistlin'...we all know 'a pm' is Puff parlance (acronym) for '(a)bout to (p)urchase (m)any'.

16. Jay

Jay Active Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA get 'em now boys the
    Puffer is on the prowl!!!

17. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

No worriez gentz & ladiez, I'm on a self-imposed moratorium on any pipe purchase(s)........except for the onez I've already bid on (ebay) until 2011. I know, boy must be sick or sumthin! I'd say that with all of my PAD-Haulz in 2010, I should settle in for a pre-winter nap from PAD. Only trouble in "not looking/intending to buy" is that'z when PAD'll hitchya the hardest! Believe me, I'm proof! :)

TAD is a different matter though. Gotta jump when it'z available if it historically is "out of stock". As for Dunhill.........different story. I'll get some only if the reviewz of the current production holds up tto the DH legacy. So that too may just end up being in 2011.

Now back OT, I've checked out Rob/Gooses site a number of times and have been thoroughly pleased with what I saw.................felt that it was just a matter of time before the inevitable to occur, a pm to Rob regarding hiz pipez. ;)

I'm extremely pleazed with the quality of smoker and the amount of hard work and attention to detail the PSF Pipesmiths put into their work, also must mention the rather high quality briar used and excellent stem&bit-work exhibited in my PSF pipez.

So without further adue, Rob, if you read this, consider this a formal "knock" on the door and a pm will be coming your way soon.

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

18. Jack Karneval

Jack Karneval Member

Hey Smoker99, good luck with the pipe and all, many happy smokes and whatnot!

But more importantly, thank you for giving me this guy's website. After examining this guy's talent I'm almost sure that sometime in the future I may buy a pipe from him or perhaps even ask him to make one for me, his work is just amazing! Thank you again!

19. cigarsarge

cigarsarge Active Member

The pipe bob made for me is my go to pipe for Burley and Virginia-Burley blends. It looks nice and smokes like a charm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.