Road trip + pipe score + Williamsburg Pottery (lol)

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by bubbagump, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbagump

bubbagump Well-Known Member

Found some pipes at an antique store. Most were junk though.

[​IMG]

This was the one good pipe at the antique store...it's marked Aristomatic (no company marking though). Is that a Dr. Grabow? Only $5.:)

[​IMG]
    This is the Williamsburg Pottery, lol. Not quite what I was expecting.
    [​IMG]

The tavern pipe box (second shelf). This is a typical display. Very Bed, Bath, & Beyond ish.

[​IMG]

This is a cool antique shop I found at an Antique/flea market near Gloucester, VA. Very neat place...they had a little bit of everything. There was a vendor that
    [​IMG]
    The Yorktown battlefield.
    [​IMG]

2. MikeInMaine

MikeInMaine Passes for human

I do antique store bike trips on my KLR too. I think they were made for pipe hunting.:)
    Did you get a pipe?

3. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

I would have snagged that spider man bike for my boys! That was awesome! It looks like you had a great trip.:D

4. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

Aristomatic or Ajustomatic? HL&T made the first ajustomatic pipes they also owned Grabow at one time.

5. bubbagump

Yup. I grabbed one of the 16" clay tavern pipes from the pottery and that Airistomatic ( typo above)). So my collection is + 2.

I had a good time. It was a nice/leisurely pace. It was neat to get out exploring.

"Airistomatic." I was missing an 'i'. This is the first pipe I've found that actually has a patent number on it. Pat 2461905. Running a search for Airistomatic brings up Dr. Grabow references.

6. Labman

Labman Member

Man, I have to get me a clay pipe! Thanks for sharing the pics.

7. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

In my middle school days, I had quite the fascination with the Civil War. Was able to visit many battlefields but Appomattox or Gettysburg were probably my favorite. Love Williamsburg as well, very cool town.

8. bubbagump

I fired up the "Aristomatic" for the first time this evening (smoking it at the moment). It's a good pipe. I'm assuming it's a Dr. Grabow. The look, feel, and smoke experience is identical to my two (marked) Dr. G pipes.

Edit: That was a quick smoke (~30 minutes).

9. Riff Raff

Riff Raff Active Member

Wow, the Pottery has gone upscale! It used to be a bunch of metal roofed buildings, no AC. I spend most of a miserable June day there back in the 80's with the wife and one of her friends. I vowed never to return and so far, it has worked. Love the bike! I did a double-take but remembered temps were close to 50 degrees here in MD on Sunday.(took the MGB out, top down)

Coda likes this.
  10. bubbagump

Yup..it was a nice weekend. I ride it to work unless its raining or snowing. It was 23* yesterday too, lol. My coworkers thought I was nuts.

MikeInMaine likes this.
  11. Riff Raff

Riff Raff Active Member

Wow, you are all in! I saw a guy on the NJ Turnpike yesterday, big ape hangars, 18 degrees! You got to have heated gear for that kind of weather.

12. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

The Williamsburg Pottery used to be a dump. It was part of the charm. I'd still like to go. I am long over due for a Williamsburg trip, and I wouldnt mind getting me one of those clays...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.