Savinelli 6mm, or 9mm filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

limpinghawk

I have a Sav. coming in this week that I need to work on,
I don't think it has a filter in it to check the size,
and I would like to be able to smoke it with, and without a filter to see which way I will like better.

Can anyone tell me if the Savinelli 803 KS, takes a 6mm, or a 9mm filter?

Thanks.

limpinghawk

Jesla said:
Unless it says 9mm, it uses a 6mm. 9mm is more popular in Europe and the 6mm is more popular in the Americas.
Thanks.
I don't have the pipe in hand yet, but will it say 9mm somewhere on the pipe?

user0003

I'm not sure if the pipe is marked but the box will be mark indicating which filter it is uses. You can smoke either with or without the filter.

limpinghawk

Jesla said:
I'm not sure if the pipe is marked but the box will be mark indicating which filter it is uses. You can smoke either with or without the filter.
Thanks.
Yes I know I can smoke with or without the filter, as stated before I would like to try with, and without a filter to see which I like better.

Not sure what you mean by the box?
If you are talking about the pipe box that the pipe would come in?
I doubt very much if it will have one, it is an ebay estate pipe that needs work.

I will just go with a 6mm, if that doesn't work, then I'll know which one to get.

Thanks.

Marc

I believe it uses the 6mm balsa filter like most of their pipes; it will also come with a converter tube you can use in lieu of the balsa filter to keep a proper draw.

limpinghawk

justcobs said:
I believe it uses the 6mm balsa filter like most of their pipes; it will also come with a converter tube you can use in lieu of the balsa filter to keep a proper draw.
Thanks.
But when I bought the pipe on ebay, I did not see the inside of the pipe,
in fact, I didn't even know such a thing existed as a converter tube?

The pipe should be in this week, and I guess some of my questions will become self evident once I have pipe in hand.

I do want to try the filters though, so I will get a small box of 6mm just for giggles.

Marc

limpinghawk said:
Thanks.
But when I bought the pipe on ebay, I did not see the inside of the pipe,
in fact, I didn't even know such a thing existed as a converter tube?

The pipe should be in this week, and I guess some of my questions will become self evident once I have pipe in hand.

I do want to try the filters though, so I will get a small box of 6mm just for giggles.
Savinelli balsa filters do not come in a box like Dr. Grabow or Medico filter tubes. The balsa filters are triangular shaped filters and come 20 to a pack.

ddandb

They only run about 3 dollars for a box of filters. You could always get one of each. Whatever one doesn't fit just may fit your next Savinelli estate pipe.

ddandb said:
They only run about 3 dollars for a box of filters. You could always get one of each. Whatever one doesn't fit just may fit your next Savinelli estate pipe.
My thoughts exactly, and that is what I was going to do,
but, I think it is the 6mm.
Too late anyway as I just ordered some 6 mm filters with my tobacco order.

I don't plan on getting anymore brier pipes so another Sav. is not in the future for me.
I like cobs, and a metal pipe called the Quiet Comrade. (similar to the Kirsten).

I have two briers, a cob, and the metal pipe, I don't want, or need anymore pipes.

But thanks for your suggestion, I had the same thought, but settled in with the possibility of it using a 6 mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.