1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Savinelli Alligator?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Bullwinkle, Jul 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Active Member

never see these mentioned.. opinions?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Only have one Sav and I enjoy it. The bottom one is quite nice! No experience with the Alligator line.

3. ArmedOctopus

ArmedOctopus Active Member

My dad has an alligator. The finish isnt for me, but it is a very solid pipe and smokes like a champ.

Lukasaurus and Moonrover333 like this.
  4. AdamInWA

AdamInWA Member

The first pipe I bought was a Sav Gator. Still have it, still love it. With or withou the filter, either way works great.

5. krusty

krusty Active Member

Another ardent Savinelli fan here.
    The fact that this particular finish has been around for a long time would indicate there's more than enough folks out there that like it and buy it.
    But....

I personally have always felt the Alligator series is the most gawdawful lookin' thing Savinelli has ever bought to market. Of course that's just a "krusty" opinion (-;

jpberg, Monkey and bubbagump like this.
  6. aLOSTarrow

aLOSTarrow Member

I ordered an Alligator 626 Blue but haven't received it yet. They sent me a brown Alligator 626 and I had to return it. Still waiting on the blue one. The brown one wasn't bad but I have a few brown pipes and wanted the black bowl with the black and blue stem.

7. DMiddleton

DMiddleton Member

never liked the abundance of gold on savinellis, the top one would be nice without it.

8. Biggles

Biggles Member

Got one but I hardly ever smoke it. Actually this is true for all (4) the Savinellis I have. Guess we just don't click.

9. Roger W

Roger W Member

I'm not one for an artificially colored pipe but I too have been eying up the Savinelli blue alligator - it's a good looking pipe and I'm really diggin' the blue on that one!

10. Moose

Moose Active Member

I have a couple of Savs but not an alligator. I like both of those pipes though and would like to add them to my growing PAD list.

11. PeterD

PeterD New Member

I purchased a Savinelli Alligator(brown) and find it quite nice...

12. dBear

dBear Active Member

I've got a 'Gator 614 (brown.) Smokes very well. I think the finish actually looks better in person than in photos, the etched pattern is pretty interesting without being overpowering. And the brass ring is a nice touch.

13. Roger W

Roger W Member

I bit the bullet last night and bought a green Alligator - looking forward to giving it a smoke!

Old Codger and dBear like this.
  14. aLOSTarrow

aLOSTarrow Member

They received the incorrect one yesterday. Hopfully they will mail out the correct one ( 626 Blue). I ordered the Blue Alligator one of the last days in June. received the incorrect one on July 09 and they just received it yesterday. So about a month long process...... Better be worth it...

15. aLOSTarrow

aLOSTarrow Member

the green look nice but I prefer the blue... Hope you like it. You might get yours before I get mine

Roger W likes this.
  16. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member

Looked at them but never bought one. Afraid that they'd bite me.

dBear and jpberg like this.
  17. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

I have a Red Gator. It does very well, but I haven't a lot of experience with it.

Yes it's a little gaudy, but I use it only when I wear wear my gator boots or blue suede shoes.

ajvan and Old Codger like this.
  18. Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus Member

Very interesting finish. Not to my taste, but no doubt they're great smokers.

19. Roger W

Roger W Member

I concur with Lukasaurus - one helluva smoker - received mine on Saturday finally got a chance to try it out tonight - I'm extremely pleased with my Alligator!

Old Codger and dBear like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.