1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Savinelli Dry Oscar ( good pipe?)

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by MorePower7701, Sep 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MorePower7701

MorePower7701 Member

I won this pipe on ebay for $26 and hope that I may have gotten a decent deal. Can anyone tell be anything about these?[​IMG][/IMG]

2. snowman

snowman Member

Hi. I have 4 sevinelli dry pipes and they smoke great.I don't use the filters.I throw them away.

Alan.

3. user1975

user1975 Active Member

I think Savinelli makes a great pipe, especially for the money. I have one that uses the balsa wood filters, and it is a great smoker... only pipe I smoke with a filter.

4. Evilgemini

Evilgemini Member

Savs are terrible pipes. For a mere $12 I will take it off your hands & dispose of it properly

:p

5. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

I like them just fine, in fact I have one that looks very similar to this one (I think mine is a second; it's labeled "Ruben's Choice" on one side of the shank and has "Savinelli Product" on the other side). Of all the filter systems I've tried (perhaps both would be a better word there) I like the balsa system best. I usually use the converter tubes, but it's nice to have the option when you have a tobacco that tends to burn hot or otherwise produce a lot of moisture. IMHO, the flavor of the tobacco comes through better than it does through paper filters, which I think are designed to trap tars rather than just moisture. They're well built pipes in all other respects, too.

6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

What a nice billiard ! Those are real good pipes man ... you scored ! Enjoy

7. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

I have a Sav Bulldog and it is one of my best pipes. I think you will enjoy it.

8. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

It's a twin bore? Cool. Should take a fair bit of abuse, then. Oh, $26 sounds fine to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.