1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Savinelli Dry System 2611 estate

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Vaquero, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaquero

Vaquero Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I've been gone a while with the recent birth of my daughter, however I bought this off of Smokingpipes.com for 33 bucks and my dad recently brought it down here to Mexico for me. I have only smoked 4 or 5 bowls through it (it's an estate) and alas only one blend, McLelland Oldchurch, however I really like the pipe. The fit and finish is perfect, the blast is great, not to craggy but a good texture, and the acrylic stem is nice. The drilling is good, however a little high. Hasn't affected the smoking it seems, just leaves a little residue at the bottom since it tends to pool up. No filter. I like it, and for the price I paid, can't complain.

Jayson H Bucy likes this.

2. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Congrats!

3. snowman

snowman Member

Congrats, You will love the savinelli they make a great pipe,I have 4 that I always smoke.

4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Congrats with having a daughter ! I made 3 boys ... no girls . It's cause God knows I couldnt handel it ... so good luck to you ! The dry system rocks . I've always liked them and want one

5. Vaquero

Vaquero Member

I have smoked this pipe for over a month, and have really tried to like it, but in all honesty, it SUCKS. I won't be getting another Savinelli, despite their good rep. Probably just got a dud, since this was a cheap estate on smokingpipes, but it's really taken the pleasure out of smoking for me. I'm going to dedicate more time to my Peterson, Vauen, and Stanwell. Shame, it's a darn pretty pipe!

PS does anyone else see that wierd little "bowl" at the bottom of the bowl? Maybe a pipe mud project would be necessary to fill that in or something. Who knows

6. jdto

jdto Active Member

I made some pipe cement with ash from the fireplace and filled a hole like that at the bottom of one of my pipes and it really helped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.