1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Savinelli Dry System (Pete clones) Pipes... Wow!

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Splat, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splat

Splat Member

Never got around to posting about my new couple of pipes. They are all Savinelli's "Dry System" (DS) pipes, which were their Pete system clones. I'm not talking about Sav pipes that solely use their balsa inserts. The Sav Dry System line was discontinued a few years ago. Here's the best page I found about them.

Well, wow! I have four of these Sav pipes and you know what? Every one smokes better than any of my Pete system pipes. No kidding.... I'm happily surprised. I really was surprised the first Sav DS I got how good it smoked and how comfortable the mouthfeel was. The bit area of the stem is wider and flatter than the Pete stem thus allowing a more comfortable clench. I can move the pipe around anywhere in my mouth and still have a good hold on the stem whereas with the Pete its rounded bit makes it hard to clench and there's only 2 or 3 spots where I can really clench it good. But that's not all. The Sav DS stems have a rectangular hole in the bit and this allows for an easier draw than the small holed Petes. I'm amazed that Savinelli discontinued the DS line a few years ago but I guess they just didn't catch on. If you like the whole concept of Peterson's dry system but don't care for the bit/stem then I suggest you pick up a Sav version and give it a whirl. Like myself, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. (no animals hurt during this post and no monies exchanged for this post) [​IMG]

krusty likes this.

2. krusty

krusty Active Member

Agree with your assessment completely Splat.
    I've got two 2614's and a 2101 and they readily offer all the advantages and none of the drawbacks of the Pete systems.

Post some pics of your new pipes!

Splat likes this.
  3. AussieTX

AussieTX Active Member

I love my Pete 305 system, but I'll have to try out a sav DS when I get the chance.

4. Labman

Labman Member

5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Savinelli makes great pipes ! Their dry system pipes rock big time ... Enjoy , Glen !

6. Robert leslie

Robert leslie Member

Welcome to my world. I am in love with Savinellis! On any given day I have around forty. Only problem I have with them is choosing which one to smoke

7. Splat

Splat Member

Labman likes this.
  8. Splat

Splat Member

That's a damn good problem to have, Robert! :)

Labman likes this.
  9. Robert leslie

Robert leslie Member

Not according to my wife, but I will show her your post. At least I have one supporter!

Splat, WyoBob and Labman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.