1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Savinelli Nonfilter

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Pinecone, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinecone

Pinecone Member

I have heard that Savinelli has a line of nonfilter pipes. Would anyone know which line or pipes these
    are?

2. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

I believe the Hercules, Natural, and Caramella series Sav's do NOT take a filter.

All others can be used with or without a filter; all you need is a tube insert.

3. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

About 10 years ago I bought a rusticated Sav 207 from a tobacconist in Monroe, LA. It was around $50, and it didn't take a filter. I still have it, but that doesn't help you much. All it says on the bottom is "Savinelli 207". So, I have no idea which line it's from, but it is a base model filterless Sav. It might be a discontinued line, though.

4. Pinecone

Pinecone Member

Thanks Spill I will look at those, South Bound-Where at in Monroe? I have be unable to find a shop there. ( I am about 60-70 miles away) If I could find a good shop they will sure get my business. Thinks all, Pine

5. krusty

krusty Active Member

Baronet Bruyere, Nonpariel, Venere, Fiametta, Oscar Lucite can also be added to that list of those available.

As for the "converter" tube in place of a filter on the lines that are drilled for filters, really unnecessary. I've not used the converter in any of my filter Savs. Simply don't use a filter! (-:

Spillproof likes this.
  6. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

The shop was downtown off of 18th Street. Last time I visited my sister there, I tried to find it with no luck. The name of the shop was simply "The Tobacconist". I'm sure it shut the doors like so many others.

7. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Capri's, and Nonpareils as
    Krusty pointed out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.