1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Savinelli pipe -- rome, italy

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by BreyerD, Oct 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkie

Arkie Well-Known Member

I didn't intend to hijack the thread.

That's a good lookin' pipe. Sav has a well deserved reputation for geat pipes.

2. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Great looking pipe, I have a 315 Tevere with a smooth finish. I like the one you have there which is a very similar shape.

I sometimes use the balsa filters. I like them. I use them two-three times, but if you want to use them more than once I strongly recommend leaving the filter out of the pipe to dry until the next smoke. You'll need to take it apart once the pipe is cool anyway, because you need to clean the pipe after smoking it and you can't run a pipe cleaner through it without removing the filter. If you leave the filter in the pipe it will stay damp and soggy and won't be any good for your next smoke.

Alternatively, Savinelli makes little plastic tubes just the perfect size to be inserted in place of the filter. This restricts the pipe's draw to about where it would be if you did choose to use the filter. You can smoke without the filter by putting this tube in the stem in place of the filter, or you can just smoke it without either. I always use either the adapter or the filter, as I find the wide open draw when using neither tends to get my tobacco burning hot and then I get a little more irritation in my mouth than I otherwise would.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.