1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Savinelli Qandale

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Jussto, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

I like a Churchwarden from time to time when I'm at home, and have a few, from Stanwell HCA's to Peterson, MacQueen, and a clay I smoke VA's in. I also have a couple of Savinelli Featherweight semi-wardens.

This Qandale has a much more substantial acrylic stem, you can even clench it, that adds a robust feel to the pipe that wardens tend to lose (it's a couple of inches shorter than the HCA's, but the same length as the Peterson). I can't find a fill anywhere on mine, and although it's a little wet smoking right now, I'm sure that as soon as it is broken it, it will smoke as well as the rest of my Sav's.

For less than 90 bucks for a smooth finish, I would definitely say this is a bargain, and I really like the Oak trim where the stem meets the shank.

Here's a link to one at SP, mine is the 626 shape, but you get the idea:

http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/savinelli/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=87773

I love it when you hit it off with a pipe from the get-go!

2. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

Really nice pipe, Justo. So glad you're enjoying it.:D

Jussto likes this.
  3. Beale

Beale Active Member

Sweet pipe! I really like it!! Beale.

Jussto likes this.
  4. Dunlibi

Dunlibi Member

Can't go wrong with a Savinelli Jussto,

Jussto likes this.
  5. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

ddAAAmn that's a nice pipe!

Jussto likes this.
  6. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

Just this afternoon I snatched that converter tube out of the stem, and it smokes much drier now. It is still a little raw, and will definitely improve quickly, but that converter must have caught moisture easily, when I removed it, it was the junction with the stem, not the pipe, that was wet. I have not used the converter before now, and I'm pretty convinced that Savs are better either filtered or left completely open.

7. Vaquero

Vaquero Member

That is a seriously snazzy pipe! I hadn't really noticed Savinelli's churchwardens before, I guess I was more drawn to the "traditional" churchwardens, if that makes sense. That oak trim is amazing, and the price on those is right on, especially the ones with acrylic stems! Thanks a lot Jussto, for adding a new pipe to my PAD list! Enjoy

Jussto likes this.
  8. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Very nice, can't go wrong with a Savinelli!

Jussto likes this.
  9. Jay

Jay Active Member

I smoke both my Savs without converter or filter. IT just seems better that way.

Jussto likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.