1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Savinelli Series III?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by LifeOfRiley, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LifeOfRiley

LifeOfRiley Member

I have some credits in my amazon account and was thinking of getting one of these. Is anyone here familiar with them? If so, how do they compare to less modestly-priced Savs?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=savinelli+series+iii

2. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

I have one, a 315. These pipes are naked. No stain, no wax, no lacquer. It is one of only 2 briars in my rotation. Mine has a couple of noticeable fills. I think I heard somewhere that some of the cosmetic defects make them unprofitable to continue finishing. They still are Sav's and good smokers. Without any kind of finish, you will find your beautiful blond turning into a gorgeous brunette as you smoke it. If one appeals to you, you should pull the trigger.

LifeOfRiley and IrishRover like this.
  3. Hudson

Hudson Member

That, DG, would explain why I thought they looked so unfinished to me. I guess if you thought of them as "advanced kits" you could practice staining and finishing them. I am kind of surprised they didn't market them under a different name. Probably worth more short term but I'd think it would serve to dilute the brand in the long run.

4. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

5. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.