1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Savinelli ?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Bullwinkle, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Active Member

buy now or wait until I go to Europe this fall? we are taking a Med cruise starting in Barcelona and stopping in Florence and Rome. I guess I could buy now and then.

p120d16y likes this.

2. Artistik

Artistik Member

Don't limit yourself!

3. User3940

User3940 Active Member

I like the way you think.

4. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Active Member

so what's up with SmokingPipes? I'm wanted to buy 3 Sav's that totaled almost $500 and they want to give me a whole $27 dollar discount (5%). no one else has all three but by speading the purchases I can get just below 430 w/o checking for discounts.

5. upinsmoke

upinsmoke Member

Smoking Pipes is expensive, tends to be disorganized, and would tout a poor pipe as being great for some reason they made up. Their best quality is salesmanship. For low prices check smoke1.co.uk. But because of shipping costs it only pays to buy large orders from them.

6. TWolf

TWolf Member

Buy now! And then!

7. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Smoking pipes IS the Savinelli distributor for the USA .... they have the best pics to see the pipe you're buying . I've bought from them often without a problem . Buy it before you go cause chances are , especially in Rome , you'll pay more . Rome is serious about high prices for tourists . It's the screw the tourists capital of Europe , where as Disney is our screw job capital

8. Rickpal14

Rickpal14 Member

This!!!!

9. Rickpal14

Rickpal14 Member

While I totally agree with you ruffinogold I would pay more for a Sav from the shop in Rome just to have as a special momento. Especially if it was an uncommon US shape.

ruffinogold likes this.
  10. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Active Member

or if it's coming out of vacation funds vs my PayPal slush fund

11. LifeOfRiley

LifeOfRiley Member

Amazon.com usually has a broad selection of Savinellis which seem to be reasonably priced. I hasten to add that I haven't bought pipes through them before.

12. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I totally agree ! The Savinelli Italian site has a number of finishes that are not in the states ... For sure , I would nab one of those in Italy , and when someone asked .. " Man , where did ya get that ! " ... I'd say .. " I got it in Rome as a gift from the Pope after having been invited there to debate the validity of the Tridentine Mass and how we need to go back to it , but I lost cause he's such a liberal " :beck:

Tony Malerich likes this.
  13. Rickpal14

Rickpal14 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.