second latakia experience

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by doskopanda, Jun 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doskopanda

doskopanda Member

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bought today and I'm in love with it :)

2. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

Great big wonderful smokey world out there. :iiam:

3. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Double posting is no way to raise your post count, Moo. :xd:

OP, wait 'til you try some SG SL. That's when the fun begins.

4. doskopanda

doskopanda Member

noted. I seem to notice that everyone kept giving thumbs up to frog morton; maybe i'll grab that one too someday

5. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

HH Syrian is real good. It's a real subtle blend. It has a good amount of dark kentucky, which gives it a warm fuzzy backbone, and the smooth smokey syrian plays around that. Under appreciated by people who are expecting it to be like the usual sweet virginia/cyprian latakia interplay.

Frog Morton or Frog on the Town, Squadron Leader if it ever shows it's head, British Woods (McClelland), many of the Pease's (Maltese Falcon is very approachable)....all good stuff.

6. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

My first experience was with "English Luxury" from the Briary. I did not care for it at all. It had a lot of tongue bit and a bitter after taste. Being fairly new to pipe smoking, I thought English was not for me.

A friend convinced me to give it another try, so I read some reviews on "Special Blend" from The Tinder Box. I've really enjoyed it and smoke it pretty often. When I get low, I think I will try some Frog Morton, though. I've read tons of good reviews about it.

7. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

The frog series is a great introduction to light english blends. I'm sure you'll find at least 1 out of the series that you really like.

Andrew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.