pipesmokersforum.com

Seeds Started....2012 Crop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Ted for you offer of wisdom on baccy planting... Always something new to learn. When you say organic... organic seeds and organic fertilize or are they something else to it. I been thinking lately on maybe trying to come in contact with a tobacco co. to see if they might be interested in buying leaves. Thanks Ted for the interest.
Jeebs, Only fertilizer he uses is (thank heavens) pellatized chicken litter.
In 2010 he used REAL chicken litter. Smelled like *%() for a few days... No Fertle-dust, no water, only organic ..
Can't think that that helps, but the term "organic" has a connotation of its own.. ted

Jeebs

Looking forward to both your successes. I'll show you mine/ours in a while.
In my part of NC, NOTHING can be planted outside till May 15. ..still can have frost. ted
I always put my seedling in Styrofoam cups.. until ready to plant. I always put my plants in the ground 1st week of June... therefore having 1st of September harvest.

Jeebs

BAD News.......all of my seeds sprouted....while I was gone out of town, the trays were sprayed with Wrong spray. Now they are all dead.I will not be having a crop of tobacco this year or any other year. I am going to quit growing any tobacco in the future. I will buy all of my smoking tobacco from tobacco shops. What little tobacco I have on hand, I will smoke it all myself, not to be Sold, Given, or Traded. Jeebs.

Scottly

BAD News.......all of my seeds sprouted....while I was gone out of town, the trays were sprayed with Wrong spray. Now they are all dead.I will not be having a crop of tobacco this year or any other year. I am going to quit growing any tobacco in the future. I will buy all of my smoking tobacco from tobacco shops. What little tobacco I have on hand, I will smoke it all myself, not to be Sold, Given, or Traded. Jeebs.
Jeebs. I'm sure this is very dissapointing to ya and I'm sorry to hear. Is it to late to start some more, you are very good at growing baccy.

Jeebs, Where are you located? It's probably not too late to start another batch of seeds. You could also look up BigBonner on Fair Trade Tobacco, He's a big time Burley farmer that has been getting into growing other types such as Turkish, Virginia's etc... and he ships live plants. As a last resort I'll have maybe a dozen extra plants I could send you but as of right now I don't know what they would be.

A tragedy!

I think that as much as you don't want to, you should start another batch and have a late harvest. You'll be happy that you did in the end. Did any varieties sprout quicker than others initially?

Jeebs.. I have 4 plants ( once stripped and stemmed) that will equate to 1/2 pounds from our 2011 crop. If you want it .. it is yours. Maybe wipe away a few tears... hate it for you.. ted

Jeebs

Jeebs.. I have 4 plants ( once stripped and stemmed) that will equate to 1/2 pounds from our 2011 crop. If you want it .. it is yours. Maybe wipe away a few tears... hate it for you.. ted
Ted.. That is mighty kind of you and I appreciate the jester..but I would not do that. But Thank You for offering. I'm a big boy. My plants may be coming back to life.....but before they do ...I am going to find out what the growing tobacco laws are... because I have never thought about until recently. "Loose Lips sink Ships"

Status
Not open for further replies.