SG back on some shelves.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Ol Brokedik, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

I see SG is back on some shelves. Availability has been a problem. I have found suitable replacements with another blender. When I noticed stock, my first impulse was to order a crap-load. I resisted that temptation.
    Clearly, availability from SG could/will be a big problem with no solution. They've moved on and so have I. Since I'm no longer a fan, more SG will be available for the rest of you.
    Whats Dennis Miller say? "Didn't mean to go off on a rant".
    Be well.

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Bet alot of dunhill fans feel the same way .

3. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

I got my pre-order in for dunhill before that was shut down. I've never experienced dunhill. I placed the order knowing I'd probably wait for another 12 months. I've got other smokes so it's not like I'm starving. But, this is the only long term investment I'll make. There is lots of great smokes out there, still available.
    Be well,ruffinogold.
    Ol Brokedik.

4. loaf

loaf Member

my supplier has some SG back in stock, but not MY blend! https://pipesmokersforum.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/crazysmile.gif

in protest, i refuse to buy anything from them until they have my squadron leader!

(i also like getting everything in the same order to save on shipping, so no biggie.)

5. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

I fell for the hype last time. I won't
    be so swayed this go round.

dp

6. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

As a newbie I'd really like it if SG came back in full force. The on again off again, mixed with latakia, battle for tins; makes me wonder if there is any good reason for me to wait for it.

7. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I see where youre comming from . Hell , if I never tried it I'd be damned if I wouldnt being the classics that they are . STD Mix Med was my favorite now replaced by IRC Royal .Enjoy !

8. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

i'mbglad I've tried SG toby and will continue to snag some as it comes in. SG's disappearance off the shelves as soon as it comes in is testimony to the quality of SG blendz. Some of the disappearance is due to the "hype" a great toby spawns when it's "this good" but there are so many other "non-SG" blendz out in tobyland. I too have gone exploring for more readily available smoke.

I understand the constraints SG works under (as in only using vintage old-style toby processing, etc.) But I do believe they really should move up to modernization.........afterall, this is 2010 NOT 1792!

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

9. Mike Pomery

Mike Pomery Active Member

Nah, the vintage stuff is a big pull with the FOGs.

10. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

"Nostalgic" is the draw...................... ;)

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.