SG FireDance

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by FlatbushPaul, Dec 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Hi all,

Ive been enjoying mostly Va's latly, OGS, FVF, F&T Cut Va Plug and so on. I needed a change so I took a chance on SG FireDance and I am loving it. I'm smoking a bowl right now, Mmmm. Just thought I would share. :-?

Cheers,
    Paul

2. sorringowl

sorringowl Emoticonally challenged

Hey Paul,
    I saw a tin of Fire Dance at my local B&M the other day but the word "Fire" in it made me think twice about actually getting it. I figured there might be some Perique in there? How's it smoke?

3. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

It's BBF in berry clothing. Superb room. Smoke some. Walk away & leave the pipe (blasphemous I know.....) and in a bit, walk back in...........you'll see. Smokes like BBF because it is. Just another flavor of BBF.

One of my favs. :)

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

4. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Very blackberryish. Quite sweet, but alot of toby flavor as well. I am not one for aromatics but i love it!! :) Need to dry it out though.

5. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Eh, it's not my favorite 'scented' flake, but it's ok. Had a bowl a couple days ago...reminded me of blue/blackberry flavored cotton candy, of all things. Not bad.

6. beaupipe

beaupipe Active Member

In almost 15 years of pipe smoking, Firedance is the only tobacco I've thrown away. I think I managed to get through about a half dozen part bowls. I found the perfume scent mixed with the berry nauseating. But I also thought it was a really well made flake. Just not for me.

7. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

BBF! Home of the Whirling Satellites! Let's go down and get a burger!

Sorry, you just floated some previously submerged memories.

8. CBR

CBR Member

Beaupipe, I'd have to agree unfortunately. I ended up giving away my tin (to yinyang no less). SG makes some great blends and Firedance would have been a top 5 smoke for me if it wasn't for the perfume.

9. Wicklow

Wicklow Member

I had picked some up a couple of weeks ago to try for the first time and was really looking forward to it. I popped open a tin and was honestly put off by the tin aroma. It smelled to me like blackberry Halls cough drops, and God how I hate anything that smells mentholated. Must be the brandy, I don't drink brandy so I honestly don't know. I packed a pipe nonetheless and gave it a try. Well it certainly tasted to me better than it smelled in the tin, especially at about the half way mark when the tobacco shown through more strongly. The blackberry rode along in the background to the finish. Room note was excellent, the wife gave it high praise. When I was done I had to wash my hands immediately because they reeked of that tin aroma. It's a good and interesting smoke but if I don't come to terms with tin smell soon I'm sure I won't re-up on this again.

10. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

Open the tin Wick, and let it air for about 3-4 hours. This tobacco smokes better (for me) when it has had a chance to dry out some. One of my occasional "Lakeland-style" blends....

11. Wicklow

Wicklow Member

I did as you said, and I must say it did the trick. Much more enjoyable now! Thanks for the tip T-Bear :thankyou:

12. Pipedan

Pipedan Member

I enjoyed a bowl of FD last night at a Christmas Party and all the ladies loved how good the room note was.
    I like FD now and again and tend to smoke it out in public as it does smell nice and comments are always positive,
    It does however need hours to dry out, looks like a good quality flake but wet as a drowned rat in the tin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.