SG

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Puff The Magic, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Balkan
    Commonwealth
    Kendal Cream
    Navy
    St James
    Skiff
    Westmorland

Get it! ;)

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

2. pottsy

pottsy Member

It's tempting, I already have a pound of Squadron Leader on the way. Having a hard time buying more SG blends that might not be available for many more months or longer.

3. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Where the heck can ya buy a pound of SL? :phew:

4. pottsy

pottsy Member

From a guy, who had some stuff. Rumor is it fell off the back of a truck. I didn't ask a lot of questions.

5. JuJu McMojo

JuJu McMojo Member

I noticed 4noggins has some, too. I, myself, am swearing off the stuff until it becomes available on a more regular basis--more for you guys.

6. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Thanks for the info. Just ordered a bunch of SL

7. pottsy

pottsy Member

Well, blimey, I went ahead and ordered some SL. Can never have to much I suppose.

8. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

No 1792? I'm gonna write my congressman.

9. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

$70 bucks for 1 pound !! This is just the beginning.

Ol Brokedik.

10. MarkC

MarkC Member

Thanks for the heads up guys.
    I just placed an order for some Squadron Leader and Navy Flake. Wish I could have found them by the tin. I hope I like it...

Mark

11. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

My SL was finally delivered today ( it was only ordered thurs nite, but its felt like forever ago) All I have to say is yum! It smokes great from start to finish. Definatly worth the wait. I should prob order more and cellar it before they run out again (its probably sold out already)

12. MarkC

MarkC Member

Mine arrived today too. Great service and very fast delivery.

Question...I bought the 250g boxes of SL and NF, does it need to be put into jars immediately? I'm not sure what the packaging inside the box is like.

Thanks,

Mark

13. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Anyone want to split some FireDance? I can't afford the whole pound. :(
    SG FD

14. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

It comes in a large ziplock bag. Id reccomend putting it into a jar soon, the bag doesn't seem to be th best quality

15. Puff The Magic

Mark, the SG bulks are in either a plastic zip-lok type bag for the non-flakes and then packaged inside the 250gm box. The pound bulks will be in a sealed SG pound bag. The flakes are in a double wrapped wax paper then they go into the 250 or pound boxes. No telling how long it's been sitting on the shelf so weigh the tobacco and see if it's at it's advertised weight. If it's light....it's lost moisture.

Jars are the ultimate storage but if you plan to store them boxed, i'd wrap the box or the contents in a strong food-grade cling wrap and then freezer grade zip-lok bag the box and all. Write the weight you read on your scale so you can check it later on for future assessments.

I've got a bunch of bulks still in original packing but with additional moisture barriers such as cling wrap and freezer grade zip-loks. Those are weighed (each) and the wt annotated.

The choice is yours how you store/cellar it but as I said.......jars are best.

Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

16. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

I think you will enjoy those two tobaccos, Mark. I have been a big fan of Squadron Leader for several years now, and have recently discovered the joys of Navy Flake. Both deserve a jar on the shelf, as they could be smoked day in and day out without getting boring, IMHO.

17. MarkC

MarkC Member

I will jar it this weekend.

Thanks guys,

Mark

18. Puff The Magic

You're gonna have a great weekend! I always get a kick out of jar'n up toby. Sort of immediately gratifying on several facets. I also leave out enough for me to enjoy several bowls of whatever I'm Jar'n as my little reward for having the sense to grab more and squirrel it away for later. Love SL and NF is also mighty tastee too! Corn-gratz on the poundage! :)

Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

19. Kyle Black

Kyle Black Member

SGSG iive gotten has been ziploc in the box with celliphane. I love mason jars.

20. Burner

Burner Member

My smoking shop sells FVF plug and some other SG plugs £50 for 250grms though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.