Share Your Zippo

Discussion in 'Pipe Accessories' started by akohtz, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. derangedhermit

derangedhermit Reclusive member

To all the folks who carried Zippos (and all those who didn't) while in the service of the US:

Thank you for your service.:appl:

Lee

2. mugwump

mugwump Member

[​IMG]

I got one of these a few years back for free from Camel cigs even though I don't smoke cigs. Go figure given that the lighter says "Lucky" on it. I like how the emblem on the front juts out a bit as it makes it easier to grip the lighter. And I promptly sent away for the free pipe lighter insert.

3. PlumberKing

PlumberKing Member

only 1 I have so far ...had it since 1994 , never even put fluid in it , I couldnt bring myself to do it
    [​IMG]

4. Nickeythenoose

Nickeythenoose Member

Can anyone tell me how I can get a pipe insert for my Zippo? My Father in Law got it for me a few years ago as a gift and I would love to turn it into a pipe lighter.

5. Puffstone

Puffstone Active Member

I have 3 favorites for now.

This was my great grand fathers
    [​IMG]

I picked this up at mumford and sons concert. Thought it was to cool not to
    [​IMG]

This was a gift from my brother from where he reenlisted In the army and it was given to him.
    [​IMG]

6. Murph

Murph Member

If you go to Zippo's web site under repair fill it out and in the notes ask them that you would like a pipe insert. In about a week you should get your lighter back with a pipe insert and the original insert. Just fill up and your ready to go. The best part no charge. I think they want your Zippo is to keep people from putting their inserts in cheap knock offs.

BriarRabbit, Ronv69 and rigormootis like this.
  7. Nickeythenoose

Nickeythenoose Member

Thanks Murph.

8. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Those are so cool, thanks for sharing! I love that Trailways lighter, and my wife would go nuts over the Mumford & Sons one. She beats me up for not taking her to their concert when they came to town before they were so big.

9. Puffstone

Puffstone Active Member

Thanks, the trailways lighter was supposedly given to my great grandfather by someone from that company or a driver as my great grand father was some sort of transportation type of police back in the 40s/50s. Not sure the accuracy of that but I like the story. I've got several more lighters that supposedly belong to him put up. The Mumford and sons concert was amazing, I highly suggest seeing them whenever possible

BradNTX likes this.
  10. aquaholic

aquaholic Member

I'v used a zippo for 15+ years now (first with cigs, now with the pipe). It's a great company and a great product. The things are dang near bulletproof. This is my newest one the wife got me for Christmas...

[​IMG]

PipeSimmo, inkybat and K Williams like this.
  11. Riff Raff

Riff Raff Active Member

I don't travel without one of my trusty Zippos, usually with the T-bird insert and the fuel Zippo pipe insert for outdoor use.

Our Lady of Guadalupe. This one is my favorite, it reminds me of my youngest daughter who went to a Franciscan college. Her household symbol was this picture. I saw this one in a Delaware cigarette outlet two years prior to purchasing it, didn't and regretted it. I went back two years later and it was still there. I've not seen another like it (she wants one for her fiance).

[​IMG]

My other daughter gave me this one last year for Christmas. Maybe 10 years ago, she "borrowed" my original Ravens logo Zippo and left it at a party. She never shared the story until last Christmas (and I tore the house apart a number of times looking for it). We laugh now...

[​IMG]

This one is a also prized, and I won it at a political party raffle. Then President Bush gave it to former Maryland Governor Bob Ehrlich, who donated to the group hosting the event. I bought 10, $1 raffle tickets and put them all in that jar. My wife looked at me puzzled as I crumbled every ticket, then unfolded it. She asked why and I said when someone reach into a jar for a ticket, the rumpled ones come to hand easier and I've won a few auctions this way. Yep, one of my 10 was pulled.

[​IMG]

12. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Member

Here's my favorite Zippo.[​IMG]
    The U.S.S. Fletcher is the ship my brother was on when he was in the navy. He bought this in the ship's store and mailed it to me. It's gotten a lot of use over the years. Spent a lot of time in my pocket.[​IMG]
    Here's the other side. The Fletcher sailed out of Pearl Harbor.

13. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Member

14. Iain

Iain Active Member

My two oldest and most used Zippo's are away for repair, so I've bought a pipe insert for the Harley one, had it years but never used it. Somehow the Black Ice 1941 Replica managed to sneak in as part of that order.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll stick the other two up when they come back.

rigormootis and Tsalagi44 like this.
  15. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

I only have one:
    [​IMG]

Tsalagi44, aquaholic and rigormootis like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.