She bought one!

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Just Smitty, Dec 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just Smitty

Just Smitty Member

The wife and I went down to the B&M and spent about 2 hours there. She bought herself a
    Clark's Favorite by Savinelli. We sampled a few blends while we were there and I got my first taste of an English blend with a little Latakia and Perique. It could grow on me, but I don't think I could smoke it all day. Her pipe is awful nice looking and gave me a little pipe envy, but I won't be trading in my cobs anytime soon! I will have to dedicate a briar to that English blend cause I think it might ghost whatever it's smoked in, pretty sure it ghosted my mouth! She's signing up for the forum so she can learn from everyone's expertise, please make her feel welcome. Her screen name is PipeFemSas.

Toodles...

psquared, CaKy, piper mike and 6 others like this.

2. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

That's a great story Smitty and it sounds like the wife has good taste (in pipes anyway).

3. PipeWife

PipeWife Member

I have been eyeing those Sav Clark's Favorites myself - very nice, shapely, and elegant pipes. It's nice to see other lady pipers around here too!

carelessone1 and Just Smitty like this.
  4. Goat

Goat Active Member

Too cool. Now if I could just find me a pipe smoking lady I'd be all set.

I look forward to hearing (reading) from her.

Just Smitty likes this.
  5. brumoon

brumoon Member

Welcome PipeFemSas - Sounds like you have a good start.

6. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

When I first read this, I thought, how cool is that; and I almost started to envy you, until I realized, if my wife shared my interest in the pipe, I'd have numerous half filled pipes lying about, lids left off my tobacco, and I'd never be able to find my tampers or lighter.

I'm happy for you, and for me too...

7. Buckshot

Buckshot Member

Cool story, Smitty.
    Welcome, PipeFernSas!

8. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Excellent!!! She has good taste!

9. briarhoff

briarhoff Member

What a hoot.

10. briarhoff

briarhoff Member

Welcome PipeFemSas! I imagine you're watching this thread. Give us a shout out.

11. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

She takes my lighter and smokes everyday. She a scamper that one.

12. piper mike

piper mike Member

Sounds like a good thing but half agree w stone wall she would b getting all the goodies and misplacing every thing lol might b nice though to sit on front porch sharing a pipe ....torn OH THR STRUGGLE...lol

13. briarhoff

briarhoff Member

That's what she said.
    [​IMG]

14. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Cool!
    (Pics or it didn't happen) lol
    :popc:

15. PipeWife

PipeWife Member

Horse-hockey. Here in this two-piper house, we each have our own tampers and lighters (since hubby takes his to work with him) and for most blends we have our own stashes that have differing types of blends.

Although, I did need to buy hubby his own corncob pipes and own stash of Classic Burley Kake to keep him out of mine ... then there was the McC 5100 Red Cake, but he bought enough for us both to share.

SalopSt, piper mike and briarhoff like this.
  16. piper mike

piper mike Member

See the insanity has begun he's in ur stash lol I would enjoy it

17. PipeWife

PipeWife Member

He's been smoking pipe for almost a year now ... I started over the summer. Usually he tries one of my blends and says, "Meh." Usually we like different styles of pipes ... apparently he decided to try a cob to see what the fuss was about and says he was more surprised than I was that he likes them. He used to only have a handful of latakia blends that he smoked. Now, each weekend I plan on some new blend for us to try out along with loading up some moist British flakes to air for proper ignition.

Hubby says my participation has made pipe smoking so much more enjoyable. When trying a new blend, we'll share a Pony-cob of it first while listening to music or chatting about the tobacco, pipes, or anything else that comes to mind. It's quite relaxing and enjoyable to share a pipe or tin while just chatting. The secret is we each have our own tampers, lighters, and favorite pipes.

Jussto and piper mike like this.
  18. StubrnDutchman

StubrnDutchman Member

Ditto! It looks like there is always room for one more newbie on this site. At least they made room for me.:)

19. SalopSt

SalopSt Member

Eminently sensible. Each workman >err, person :)< has his/her own tools commonly working on a shared material. As it should be!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.