Shortcut To Mushrooms

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by FlatbushPaul, Dec 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DocB

DocB Active Member

So, just out of curiosity... Since I love the STM, does it suffice to say that Ruins would be a wise purchase for me? I've not yet tried it.

2. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

I assure you that it would qualify!:whis:

3. Sawbones

Sawbones Member

It is my favorite night time smoke. I love it in my MM freehand as well as my MacArthur. I have not had any problems with ghosting as of yet...

4. Nate

Nate Member

I found Ruins a little less flavorful, less interesting, but that's me. STM was the best of the series in my opinion.

5. Gary

Gary Member

Brought two tobys with me on a two day trip. STM was one of them.

DocB likes this.
  6. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Of the Middle Earth series, I still buy STM, Old Toby and Treebeard by the pound. The others, including Ruins, were OK smokes, but not near as good.

7. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Ghosting isn't a problem in a dedicated pipe. It's what I'm going for! The STM only ghost enhances the flavor with a little more fullness and smooths things out. I love a ghost if he's dedicated to one smoke.

8. TRAVIS

TRAVIS Member

A mate from here was going to send me a sample of this Shortcut to mushrooms that everyone's talking about. well the package just arrived about an hour ago with about 2oz of shortcut, and about an oz each of ruins of Isengrade, Petersons old Dublin and Ebony Cavendish. Thanks Chris i still can not believe how generous you and the general pipe smoking community is, they're a shinning light in todays society, this package also had a $35. stamp on it i'm speechless :)

9. TRAVIS

TRAVIS Member

I was just going to ask the ghosting question because this stuff smells pretty strong wasn't sure if i should wack it into a new cob incase i ghost a briar and dont like the stuff :)

10. TRAVIS

TRAVIS Member

Another great point Brad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.