Shorties

Discussion in 'Cigars' started by Spillproof, Nov 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

Thanks guys! The only small cigars I have enjoyed, came in tins. I was not sure sure how a nub-type would compare. I consider kentucky cheroots and marsh wheelings to be a regular cigar, so I may be smoking more small cigars than I realize. I don't care how I look with a cigar--its all about the scowl, with or without one. :)

And I think my B&M has insane prices on 1/3 of their inventory, excellent prices on 1/3, and fair at best on the rest. Sadly, each item is marked at a different price so it takes a little guess work. My experience with noticing their prices never seems to work in my favor because of this, way too inconsistent.

olddog, Mount Mandolin and Spillproof like this.

2. hoss

hoss Member

Tat makes a great shortie, but i prefer the petite reservas (brown label) to the havana line.
    RyJ Tres Petite Coronas or Cuaba Exclusivos (from the beloved Isle)
    Easier to find:
    Nestor Miranda Coffee Break Rosado
    Punch Bareknuckle
    La Riqueza makes a smaller vitola as well that is fantastic.

Mount Mandolin likes this.
  3. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I can't believe I forgot one...if you want a good knock-around choppin-wood kind of cigar, get on CI or Famous and order a box of La Aurora Principes. 5x38, they're short filler and they do have a homogenized tobacco binder....despite those two things going against them, they are good smokes in my book. Nothing amazing, but a pleasant enough smoke for day to day stuff. Because they're short filler you DO need to be extra careful about smoking them slow, and don't expect to win a long ash competition...but I like them, especially for when I'm studying or something.

I was thinking of ordering a new box soon. If I do, I'll make sure to send a few your way, because I know that the description makes them sound like garbage, but they're not. I mean, they're certainly not Tatuaje or even regular La Auroras for that matter....but it's one of the best quality machine mades I've had apart from Italian style cigars

4. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

I received my Cbid order of shorties a whole back and have been resting them for the minimum amount of time necessary to try one of each.

But I did make a silly rookie mistake.
    I paid $3/ for some Tatuaje Nicaraguan Reserves, which are basically cigarillos. Don't know what I thought yet were... Oops.

The other two are the Illusione 68 Bombone, and Tatuaje Angleles VI. I did well on each.

I smoked one of the Illusiones just now . Took about an hour. Very pretty cigar. Nice veiny wrapper. Solid construction and burn. Nice draw and good flavors. I wouldn't call it complex and have filed it as on the milder end of what I enjoy, but enjoy it I did. I made the mistake of reading a couple of reviews on them; cherry?!
    I did not get any of that (thankfully). I have four more of them and will pull the next one out in a couple/ few weeks.

Next up one of the ugly little Tat thingies I paid too much for ;-)

Tomorrow I'll smoke an AngelesVI.

5. CaKy

CaKy Member

If it's the almost corona sized one (Tatuaje Nicaraguan Reserves) I'm thinking of, you'll forget about the cost once toasted.

javajunkie and Spillproof like this.
  6. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

javajunkie, DocB and Spillproof like this.
  7. DocB

DocB Active Member

8. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Smoked one of the Tatuaje Miami Petite Tatuaje Reserves today.

Tiny little thing ring-gauge wise.
    And none too impressive looking.
    No band, pretty dark and lumpy.

But very very tasty. Delicious even.
    I was put off by the pixie/straw draw and the lack of Huge Billows of Smoke, but the flavors are there. I have four more and they'll be smoked.

If I don't get a hernia from hyperventilating ;-)

9. Archi77

Archi77 Member

You say a NUB is a ripoff - How so?

I can buy a NUB for $5-8, and I have yet to have one that didn't last a good 45 minutes or more. I can buy a Corona or Robusto in any number of brands, for nearly the same price, if not more, and they last about the same time frame. So how is a NUB a ripoff?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.