1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Should i bring the pipes in with me?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by AK Kilted Guy, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. el guero

el guero Member

Most densely populated places on earth? Idk about that, but I question my own sanity for living in a city lol. I still remember that week of -30 we had after Christmas a few years ago, I had family visiting from the lower 48 and convinced a cousin to breath in deeply through his nose. I think I nearly died of laughing.

2. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Sounds like it's unanimous: bring the pipes and tobacco in! It might be a hassle, but maybe it's a good excuse to buy one of Sorringowl's cool leather roll-ups...

AK Kilted Guy likes this.
  3. Jay

Jay Active Member

Living where the always shines, what does breathing through the nose at - temps do?

4. Jay

Jay Active Member

+1 on the rolls ups, super cool and classy to boot!

5. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Like the others have said, I'd bring them in out of the cold.
    On a side note, looking forward to those -50 smoking pictures.. -30 will do too ;)
    I've never been to Alaska, it's on the list for one day...

6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

If ya bring them in and leave them on a table in the open ... maybe the wife will take pitty on you and say ... Oh honey , I'd hate to see you smoke that out in the Alaskan winter. I mean really man ... like how cold is it there .... negative something . But then again , if youre doin the Kilt thing in that weather .... youre way more of a man than most .. and she probably wouldnt bat an eye at the thought of you smoking out in the ride :)

cherrymaxap and ArtisanArcher like this.
  7. Jayson H Bucy

Jayson H Bucy Member

8. cherrymaxap

cherrymaxap Member

Well this one's been beat pretty hard but I'd rather bring everything in so it dosen't expand and contract so much to cause it to crack and the baccy to dry out. I think the baccy loses flavor as it it dries out...

9. joe912

joe912 Member

All kidding aside, I carry my "work" pipes and tobacco in a pouch that stays on me all the time. That way I don't leave them in whatever vehicle I've been driving on any particular day. Also, having a frozen pipe stick to your lips is no fun.

10. AK Kilted Guy

AK Kilted Guy Member

Ha. I wear kilts down to about -10. Colder than that is no fun.

As far as smoking inside goes, my son has asthma and my wife has a daycare, so that's a no go.

11. AK Kilted Guy

AK Kilted Guy Member

It freezes your nose hairs and makes you start coughing. Doesn't really feel do good.

12. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

-10 :startl: .... Like I said , More of a man than most ! I'd have to change my name from ruffinogold to ruffinorasins :xd:

AK Kilted Guy and YOJiMBO20 like this.
  13. TxPipesmoker

TxPipesmoker Active Member

I was working an oil patch in Newfoundland back in 05. Got in the -30's some nights.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.