Small Pad

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by dubhdarra, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

the little lady sent me out today with orders to get something nice for myself and gave me 60 dollars. i dropped by my local and cleaned out the rest of the supposed five year old erinmore. the tin has "feb 07" on one in sharpie, but talking to the store owner he said that the last time he bought any erinmore was in 05, and he thought that was 100 gram tins, so these are at least 5 years old (which he thought meant they weren't any good anymore).
    so, i snatched them for 20 total, and picked up a bunch of vestas because i like my vesta case so i feel like filling it with vestas. spent a lovely afternoon smoking in there.

tonight i went out to my local stupor market and my buddy, the store manager, was working. said he was holding something for me (i dont reserve stuff, he's known me long enough he just takes crap off the shelf and puts it under the counter for me).

glenlivet 12 with two glasses, gift pack. marked down to 30 bucks because he dented (carefully) the corner of the box for me.

grabbed that and some nice scotch ale from one of my favorite american microbreweries. damn good day.

[attachment=513:IMG_3776.JPG]

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Technically, this was TAD and not PAD.

The fine for your transgression is ordinarily a tin of aged Erinmore, so I'm thinking we can settle this.... right here, in Brainerd. :thumbsu:

3. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

tell ya what, send me a pipe, i'll say tad again, i'll send you the erinmore, and we'll call it even.

and brainerd?

4. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Steve Buscemi tries to bribe his way out of a ticket in "Fargo" by saying "Geez I gotta go to court? I was hoping we could settle this right here. In Brainerd." Brainerd is a little town in Minn.

5. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

oh okay. its also an old name for part of the town i live in. i was like WTF

6. Mike Pomery

Mike Pomery Active Member

Mmmm.... five year old Erinmore. You got me salivating (despite those annoyingly sized flake cuts).

7. 51flgoose

51flgoose Member

The Glenlivet score is pretty sweet - gotta love that!

LOVE single malts...

8. swobbie

swobbie Member

Should have been ashamed----nottttttttt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.