smokes only one blend

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by David Emond, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Its just called Dunhill 965 Match. Ive never had it, but Ive read about it on TR. I'd like to try it...

http://www.cupojoes.com/cgi-bin/spgm?dpt=F&srch=DF&item=altmd965

David Emond likes this.

2. Coastal Bend

Coastal Bend Get off my lawn...

Hmmm, that's funny (or is ironic the right word?). Those are the folks from whom I was getting my bulk 965 .. and so on.

They are really nice folks and Samuel the Tobacconist seems knowledgeable and helpful. I may have to give the Altadis a try. Thanks, Coda.

David Emond and Coda like this.
  3. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

My local carries their Heavy English in bulk, and I grab some whenever Im low...its a pretty decent smoke. Last time I was in, in fact, they had some new Altadis blends that looked interesting...Virginia Slices...

David Emond likes this.
  4. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Sounds about right, I figured you were about 1% sweet :D

To save you the effort :wedg: :laff:

David Emond and DGErwin11 like this.
  5. Coastal Bend

I envy you a bit for the tobacco selection of your local shop. The place we have is very friendly. Most any time one goes there a group of guys are gathered around a table, which is right in front of the store, smoking and telling stories. However, all they offer in bulk are aromatics.

David Emond likes this.
  6. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Well, other than the two I mentioned, c&d virginia gentleman, a house blend called english.cafe, and another virginia, they are loaded with aromatics...i won't complain though...im lucky to even have a shop local.

David Emond likes this.
  7. Uncleowen

Uncleowen Member

Coda,
    Just got to say as a newbie on the forum, I love ur avatar. I have Mr. Foote's photo hanging in my man cave.... I am looking at it now.

David Emond likes this.
  8. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

Funny how you dont always get notifications when people post in your thread. I forgot about this thread and now its at 2 pages hehe. Well the guy two houses from me only smokes captain black gold he said. I gave him a ton of tobacco to try out and havent had any feedback yet. ill have to go see him soon.

9. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

I am a huge Shelby Foote fan. I think a photo on the wall would be a good addition to my "study". I am taking a Civil War and Reconstruction independent study this fall at school, and Ive been prepping by reading a ton of Mr. Foote. I could listen to him speak for hours...

10. neoclassical

neoclassical Member

I could do this with either C&D's Rajah's Court, GLP Charring Cross, Peterson Old Dublin, or maybe 3 Oaks/Blue Mtn if I had to.

Dondi likes this.
  11. Coastal Bend

Hey, Coda, I called Cup O Joe today and ordered a half-pound to try. If you like, I'll let you know what I think. Thanks for the tip. :bing:

Coda likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.