Smoking the dregs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozark Nick

I finally tried Carter Hall in a tub over the summer.

Only one problem. In a pouch, I usually throw out the bottom portion because all the tiny bits of tobacco have migrated there and it doesn't smoke right ... I call this the dregs.

The problem being there are a lot more dregs at the bottom of a tub.

Is there a way to avoid have dregs at all?

Not that I've found. What you could do, if you're a cheapskate like me, you could have a jar put aside for all dregs from the different tobaccos you smoke for those times you fancy something a little different or are a little on the skint side. I've got so good at this I've got nearing 250g stashed up, though this is also in part due to adding tobaccos I've got a little bored of or haven't liked enough to continue smoking neat.

Atom

Topping off flakes is a great idea and works really well. Like lighting a campfire, the small tinder gets the larger stuff to burn.
I dont think there is any way to avoid the dregs altogether. But that doesnt mean they have to be throw out. Recently Ive been using some when I RYO, and I would think CH would be tasty rolled up.

Deckard

Not that I've found. What you could do, if you're a cheapskate like me, you could have a jar put aside for all dregs from the different tobaccos you smoke for those times you fancy something a little different or are a little on the skint side. I've got so good at this I've got nearing 250g stashed up, though this is also in part due to adding tobaccos I've got a little bored of or haven't liked enough to continue smoking neat.
I made some truly horrific blends before I stopped doing this.

I made some truly horrific blends before I stopped doing this.
I can well imagine. I've not managed to produce anything unsmokeable yet but what I've got is rather rough and not as good as a normal tinful. It does when times are hard though and I've got some pure latakia and perique to help spruce it up as and when needed. .

Status
Not open for further replies.