Smoking With You Spouse

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Rockabilly J, Sep 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockabilly J

Rockabilly J Member

My pipe/cigar smoking habits have prompted SWMBO to follow suit. It's nice when your beloved shares in your interests.

Anybody have a significant other who smokes with them?

FlatbushPaul likes this.

2. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

My Bride of 34 years is an ex smoker. Before she would smoke with me again, I'd be up in smoke!

3. Calvinandpipe

Calvinandpipe Member

My wife doesn't smoke but every once in awhile she'll take a puff from the pipe that I'm smoking if she likes the smell.

Mount Mandolin and FlatbushPaul like this.
  4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

My wife smokes Escudo , GAF , a nice mild VA Cavendish and she digs Sutliff Lux Balkan 957 . She dosent like Burley at all . I gotta ask ... what does SWMBO mean ?

5. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member

SheWhoMustBeObeyed.

6. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Lucky, lucky guys! :th1:

7. snowman

snowman Member

My wife will smoke a cigar at times while I smoke my pipe. Be nice, OT.

Old Ted, FlatbushPaul and ruffinogold like this.
  8. Scurvy

Scurvy Member

My wife and I quit smoking cigs together and I got her on to pipe smoking. She loves Peterson's Connoisseur's Choice (she calls it "the fruity one" :P ), and only takes a few puffs at a time. And she doesn't have anywhere near my amount of interest or investment into the hobby, no PAD/TAD for her! Still, pretty cool, though.

Old Codger and FlatbushPaul like this.
  9. SalopSt

SalopSt Member

The woman with whom I share my life is a tolerant and caring person-- damn her:gjob:-- a non smoker, but understanding enough to see where I am coming from. I honestly can not ask for much more that that! She, basically, rocks. 15 years and counting...

10. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

.......LOL....Mrs.OT smoked a few cigs - but quit ten years back....thankfully! - as she's asthmatic. Even so, I would not care to see her (or any of the 'fair sex') chomping on a cob, or - perish the thought! - one of my meers!:confused:
    OT

Bump, snowman and Stonewall like this.
  11. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

My Wife smokes french cigarettes, but wont even entertain the notion of trying my pipe. I guess that's good though, she constantly steals my lighters; I'd hate the thought of her in my tobacco cellar.

Mount Mandolin likes this.
  12. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

ain't it supposed to be something like......'with all my worldly goods I thee endow':byg:
    OT;)

Old Codger and snowman like this.
  13. Morse

Morse Active Member

But since meers provide an otherworldy smoking experience........you're off the hook. ;)

Arkie, Old Ted and Stonewall like this.
  14. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

I suppose so. :puffy: I have offered, but she colourfully declined. Some to do with tossing off I believe. :ccup:

Mount Mandolin and Old Ted like this.
  15. Rodfather

Rodfather Active Member

My wife doesn't even like the smell of smoke on my person. There are only two chances she would ever smoke.........slim and none.

SouthBound likes this.
  16. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

I'm in that boat with you.

17. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

My bride of 46 years smokes cigarettes...RYOs. Now and then she'll puff a bit on my pipes, but for her it's about instant gratification...pipes are "too fiddly"...........

18. Bear84

Bear84 Member

My wife smokes cigs, no interest in the pipe. She only gets mad at me because I can smoke in the house and she can't!! Pipes smell good, cigs smell like burning hair on rotten garbage in Phoenix.

19. LifeOfRiley

LifeOfRiley Member

My wife has no interest, but has been pretty indulgent of my enthusiasm for it. Over the years she has bought me my first decent pipe, carry pouch, stand, and a Vertigo lighter. In return I don't smoke in the house and abstain from lat-heavy blends when she's around. ​

But I wouldn't want her in my cellar either. She'd likely set about trying to "improve" it.

20. Bump

Bump Member

I dunno about this one. I'm a pretty liberal guy from Cambridge but if my wife smoked a pipe I would not be impressed. I'm a tight lipped Yankee so I wouldn't say anything to her, I would just bottle it up and let it drive me crazy hoping she'd never do that in front of me again. For me, right or wrong, smoking a pipe has always been a masculine endeavor. Now if there are any women on this forum, I mean no offence, it's just me and I don't care if you smoke a pipe, it's none of my business. JMHO.

Old Ted likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.