Smoking + You = Blind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

babysinister

Good point SBritton. Also, I wonder why Winston Churchill, George Burns, Milton Berle, Groucho Marx et al. didn't go blind before they died in extreme old age. I thought it was selfabuse that made you grow blind and gave you pimples too.

Tinderfoot

babysinister said:
......thought it was selfabuse that made you grow blind and gave you pimples too.
If smoking a pipe were like selfabuse, it would also make you grow hair on your lips and chin.

.......uhhhhh......of course.....pipesmokers do seem to have more beards and moustaches....hmmmm

Nawww.....completely unrelated!! :)

Tinderfoot

babysinister

Tinderfoot said:
If smoking a pipe were like selfabuse, it would also make you grow hair on your lips and chin.

.......uhhhhh......of course.....pipesmokers do seem to have more beards and moustaches....hmmmm

Nawww.....completely unrelated!! :)

Tinderfoot
You may not wish to extend that analogy further.

ddandb

Sounds reasonable.

If you were sitting in the Doctors office reading the eye chart while you were smoking the smoke could obscure your vision...:rolleyes:

babysinister

:XD::XD:

Good point. Also, if you're driving your car with the windows up and no a/c, the smoke canopy inside the car will prevent you from seeing as you drive.

t-bear

Gramps smoked since his teens....cigars and pipes. Finally got glasses when he was in his 70s. Passed away at the tender age of 96. Wonder how long he would have lived without his pipes & stogies?

Demented

Tinderfoot said:
it would also make you grow hair on your lips and chin.
That explains it!

Didn?t have to start shaving until after I started smoking a pipe, now the damned hair starts growing back as soon as it?s cut off, what?s the point in shaving.

babysinister

And hair starts growing out of the ears too, so long hair and a long beard that hides the ears is a good option for guys our age.

Cellist Pablo Casals died at 96 or 97. He received shipments of a pipe tobacco mixture (called Absinthe something, iirc) from a New York tobacconist. Casals was a lifetime pipesmoker.

Demented

babysinister said:
And hair starts growing out of the ears too, so long hair and a long beard that hides the ears is a good option for guys our age.
Hair has yet to start growing from my ears.

Know what Y.E.T. stands for? ~ You?re Eligible Too.

babysinister

Demented said:
Hair has yet to start growing from my ears.

Know what Y.E.T. stands for? ~ You?re Eligible Too.
When it does, you get the full treatment: hair falls out of your head and starts growing in other places: eyebrows (q.v., Andy Rooney), ears, nose... All part of life's rich pageant.

Demented

LOL, yah my forehead started growing some time ago and them damned wild eye brow hairs started popping up, use to trim them, now I don't bother.

Demented

babysinister said:
I'm looking forward to the remake of The Wolfman, coming out at a theatre near us next month, I think.
Remake of the '41 classic? I hope they did it Justus.

Even a man who's pure of heart and says his prayers by night...

babysinister

Demented said:
Remake of the '41 classic? I hope they did it Justus.

Even a man who's pure of heart and says his prayers by night...
may become a wolf, when the wolfsbane blooms,
and the autumn moon is bright.

Yes the same. Benicio del Toro is Lon Chaney Jr. I like that in the previews he already looks doomed even before he is bitten. And he looks like a wolfman already without the makeup. And Anthony Hopkins is Claude Rains. Which duplicates the extreme father/son dissimilarity of the original version. The overacting Welsh father of an overacting Puerto Rican son, as it were. In the immortal words of Gene Wilder: "It....could....WORK!"

Demented

Very cool!

I don't get around so well and will likely miss it in the theater.

With a Dolby theater system around a 60? plasma it?s not much different than going to one of those little boxes with chairs they call movie theaters today.

babysinister

And the guy or gal with the big head that sits right in front of you at the last minute, who you'd thought you had a good seat with a clear view of the screen. And the people talking out loud as if they were at home, and celphones ringing. I used to be an avid filmgoer until about 8-10 years ago. As you said, with widescreen HD TVs and Netflix, who needs the aggravation? I just go when my girlfriend, or one of my daughters and/or my granddaughter want to go. Then we can talk about the movie afterwards and avoid serious family discussion. ;)

babysinister said:
And the guy or gal with the big head that sits right in front of you at the last minute, who you'd thought you had a good seat with a clear view of the screen. And the people talking out loud as if they were at home, and celphones ringing. I used to be an avid filmgoer until about 8-10 years ago. As you said, with widescreen HD TVs and Netflix, who needs the aggravation? I just go when my girlfriend, or one of my daughters and/or my granddaughter want to go. Then we can talk about the movie afterwards and avoid serious family discussion. ;)
Just obscure his vision with smoke!

Status
Not open for further replies.