smokingpipes has:

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Puff The Magic, Aug 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

didn't know if anyone was looking.....

:cheers:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

P.S. Call to verify they have it! AND it's on your order!

2. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

You really don't need to call, smokingpipes is the only etailer I know of that actually has an updating inventory system. Its too bad they only have the 8oz bags again. My tad budget has been cut to the bone and I can't justify dropping dough on 8oz of something I've never tried.

3. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Yeah they update daily i have them on my email list and i get like 3 to 4 emails a day of the new product they get in.

4. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

They update as soon as something is sold. You can feel out how much of something they have by starting with a ridiculously large quantity for your order, then the space next to it in your cart will tell you how many they actually have on hand. For instance there are only 8 bags of Penzance and 3 bags of Stonehaven left.

5. hoss

hoss Member

Stonehaven's gone...4 Penzance to go!

6. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

I expected it to go fast, but DAMN!

7. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

And its gone.

8. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

Not totally, Deck. I got 2-lbs of each and if you want to try some amount less than 8-oz you let me know.

9. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

Thanks, Eddo.

10. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Puff is already sending me some samples and you're the third person to offer. This place is great. :)

11. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

Well, since you have a nice fresh batch I'll be glad to dispose of the old stuff you have. I wouldn't want you smoking old stale tobacco. Hahahahaha!

I wish I had not missed out on that. I need to pick up more Stonehaven and Penzance. Good score you made.

12. Puff The Magic

I hope our members got in on the ordering. It went fast and I know there were several that didn't the last it came around. I've checked a number of places and smokingpipes was the only one who had any this time around.

:)
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

13. bandlwalmer

bandlwalmer Member

Could someone share what Stonehaven and penz is like? I am pretty new and while I have been able to try a fair amount of samples, I am curious to what this stuff is like? I keep reading about how good it is. Wish I would have seen this post earlier today :roflmao:

14. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

They seem too complicated for any easy description. Stonehaven is a burley/virginia crumble cake and Penznace is a flake blend with just about everything under the sun. For a more detailed description see tobaccoreviews.com .

If you want to try more tobaccos consider participating in the newbie sampler.

15. Puff The Magic

Definitely checkout tobaccoreviews.com but actually,

Stonehaven is the Flaked, and

Penzance is the Krumble Kake.

Either way Stonehaven or Penzance by any other name or form would still be kickass 'baccy!

:roflmao:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

16. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

So it is. But that reminds me: do you know what happened to smoker's haven krumble kake, or smokers haven blends in general? They're website has been really empty for quite a while.

Edit: Just answered my own question. I didn't realize SH just imports tobacco and puts their name on it. I was looking in the wrong place because I thought it was a house blend like H&H.

17. bandlwalmer

bandlwalmer Member

Thanks for the advice. I will be sure to check out the reviews. Hopefully at some point I can be quick enough to find a retailer with some in stock.

18. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Brad, best advice I have for you spend enough time here. We're good about sharing knowlege / suppliers...after we get our own order in... :wheelchair:

19. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

The heads up here are very helpful, but if you check the major etailers frequently like most of us with PAD and TAD you'll get lucky and be drooling over some fresh hand made or creating $1000 fantasy TAD orders when the shipments come in.

20. bandlwalmer

bandlwalmer Member

Thanks guys...I plan on hanging around awhile and I am sure I will be lucky one day to got some Stonehaven...I can be patient I guess. I have enough to try till then anyways, its not like my bowl is empty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.