Snuffing out the pipe on PSF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Toby

Howdy all,

Figured I'd start a thread for those of us who wish to say our 'final words,' as it were, on the original PSF before its inevitable collision with the sun and evaporation into whatever kind of crap the sun spits out. EM radiation? Anyhow.

I've migrated over to PipeSmokersDens.com (Pipe Smokers' Den). I don't necessarily consider this post to be shilling for that forum per se, as that forum is the official heir apparent to this one. But from what I've seen of PSD so far, it's great. Already flourishing, and already returning to the normalcy of PSF in the days before the boardpocalypse. I'd highly encourage y'all to check it out.

This is my last post on PSF, provided this place doesn't suddenly return to life and put the joke on me. You can find me, my friends, my well wishers, my haters, and those who don't particularly wish me well or harm over at PSD. I go by @Skywalker over there. Because it's cool to be uncool at PSD, which is what makes it cool.

Cool.

CoreyR

Living the sweet life!
Patron
Final words? Don't know about that. I'm hoping the forum putts along, on its own, for some time yet.
There is so much knowledge stored here. I shall avail myself of it for as long as possible.
As to its successors. I have joined both for i have friends, with a great deal of knowledge themselves, who have gone to both and i know nothing of the bickering which appears to separate them. If someone else takes issue with me for doing so then that is his problem, not mine.
I'm here to smoke my pipe and relax in good company.

Kevin Keith

Final words? Don't know about that. I'm hoping the forum putts along, on its own, for some time yet.
There is so much knowledge stored here. I shall avail myself of it for as long as possible.
As to its successors. I have joined both for i have friends, with a great deal of knowledge themselves, who have gone to both and i know nothing of the bickering which appears to separate them. If someone else takes issue with me for doing so then that is his problem, not mine.
I'm here to smoke my pipe and relax in good company.
We're glad to see you anytime, anywhere Corey. You're a fixture of PSF.

CoreyR

Living the sweet life!
Patron
We're glad to see you anytime, anywhere Corey. You're a fixture of PSF.
Usually I just tick people off wherever I go. Just ask my boss. Seriously. He's out on short term right now and asked me to bring him something from the office, we live near each other. I showed up with three deputy sheriffs, a state trooper, two fire trucks, an ambulance and highway repair crew!
Hey, if you're gonna do it, do it right!! :beck:

Blackmouth

Usually I just tick people off wherever I go. Just ask my boss. Seriously. He's out on short term right now and asked me to bring him something from the office, we live near each other. I showed up with three deputy sheriffs, a state trooper, two fire trucks, an ambulance and highway repair crew!
Hey, if you're gonna do it, do it right!!
I love it when tax dollars are put to good use. :ohyh:

Russell Hartman

Stay Silver
Patron
I have come back to simply drop in and see if much has been happening here. I too will say that everyone should at least stop over at the new site. Its a great place.
In actually taking the time to think what has happened here at PSF its very sad. We all were glad that Woody provided such a place but there have been many folks describing things here.
For me the Captain has left the ship--there is nobody trained or in our case allowed to get onto the bridge to take over the controls--its simply a vessel chugging along--nobody can steering it--the rudder is gone, no one to do any maintaining of the vessel. Its anyones guess when it all sinks. Only the Captain himself had the authority to steer, and control the vessel. He has passed away leaving not one single person behind to be able to take control.
In the time I have been on this forum it actually saddens me to think that like a giant ship upon the sea in peril--it will eventually sink into the abyss.
We the passengers have no ability to know exactly when--we just know its going to happen.
Its been a great ride here at PSF but the Mods have worked hard and pulled up a vessel to allow us to jump on board to continue the journey--A ship being steered, and a sense of direction. A group of Mods. working with each other so that something like this doesn't happen again.
To all I wish to say thank you for the company on this journey at PSF. I will continue to check in once in a while. I have been spending time over at the new Den. I hope to hear from all over there.

Change is the only thing we can count on, if left to the natural order. I fight the natural order quite avidly. It is up to the best parts of us to fight our baser natures and to rise above into crafting our visions as we wish them to be. Woody gave us an opportunity - it was the people who came, opened their hearts, their minds and their mouths that made the opportunity a legacy. There is no reason under the sun for that opportunity to fade from existence. WE are still the same hearts, still the same minds, still the same voices and it is within our better natures to become what we wish and how we wish. I do not do well with partings. I do not "let go" well. We were a complex system of voices blended well into a chorus, and though the tempo may have shifted, I choose to sing on. IF anyone needs me, email me. my psf username@ aol.com

Status
Not open for further replies.