So much for smoking my new pipe on christmas morning

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by rphillips, Dec 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rphillips

rphillips Member

My girlfriend ordered a new pipe for me for christmas. Ive so been looking forward to having the first smoke on christmas morning but, alas, the usps has let me down. They were supposed to deliver it on wednesday but nothing. Thats fine though it was a little early and I dont know I could wait with it uder the tree. Well yesterday we were at work and he tried to deliverz. there was a slip to say they would redeliver today. I checked that I would be home to receive today and put it in the box as I have done numerous times before and... Today nothing. I walked up the drive and got to the box in time to see him drive off, no package, no effort to actually deliver it. I called to post office and was told that it may have been too big to leave in the box and they just dont have time to walk to everyones door to deliver mail... Jeeze funny, I though that was there job. It seems there was a day long ago where men took pride in delivering the mail, putting there lives on the line. If you didnt get the mail it ment the guy delivering itwas probably dead. Today Im left with the impression that its just another lousy job and this guy that works my rout just doesnt want to leave hiscomfy heated car for 5 minutes. Ive become very dissapointed, I will hopefully be able to pick it up on the 27th.

2. cathain

cathain Member

I'm feeling your pain there. I ordered a churchwarden last week, and after several emails chasing them up was told that they are out of stock and they won't have any until after the New Year :(

3. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

Thank goodness I have a good postman, if I am not home he leaves it with a neighbor. I would fuss if it were me but that does not help now, try to have a Merry Christmas anyway!

4. telltime

telltime Active Member

Happened today to me as well... My latest Sas acquisition was delivered today, but I was not home. They normally leave it in our community box (and the key in our mailbox) with a note asking me to sign the slip. But I know for a fact that today our regular postal person was not on duty today, and it being Christmas eve, I'm trying to be understanding. A tad disappointed, but I'll get it Monday or Tuesday!

5. GlassEye

GlassEye Member

My usual postman never leaves any package that won't fit in the box, we have to pick up the packages from the post office all the time. UPS will always leave the boxes, even if the dogs are out, they are always my first choice.

Have a merry Christmas, hopefully you can enjoy your pipe soon enough.

6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

That's a bummer man . Tell ya what I started doing a couple years ago . I built a shelf in the carport and on the door I put a sign that says please leave parcels on shelf or in car .. So far thats what they've done since .I live in a small town and the USPS guy is right on .

7. rphillips

rphillips Member

Yeah I know with christams things get hectic but to be honest, this is the worst mail man Ive had for delivering stuff to the right location and on time. I will pick it up monday. In the future Ill request ups. Ive never had trouble with them. Even had a guy from ups google maps my address so he could find my house. Made a special run to my house after his luch break to deliver so I wouldnt have to wait to the next day. UPS from now on.

8. rphillips

rphillips Member

Well still no luck with the post. They sent it out to be redelivered today, mail came, no package. Asked a few neighbors if it went to them by mistake, nothing. This is getting really old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.