• This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

So THAT's what a house pipe is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyLowry

After traveling cross-country several times, my Peterson Hand-Made finally arrived. This is an enormous pipe; weighs 4.5 oz. Shank is cut in the System style and the stem has a stinger, so I guess it's a System Deluxe on a weightlifting program. Smoking it will be a weightlifting program of its own.

Once I get the stem out of its lovely olive-green state, I'll put a pound of tobacco in it and fire it up.

I can't find a guide to Irish hallmarks anywhere-- anybody know when "K" was?

soundlzrd

Very nice pipe! I love my house pipe. Funny thing I just realized is I have never smoked my house pipe and my new house. I might have to remedy that this weekend.

SandSquid

Big K, so '96 it is. Thanks! Where'd you find a guide to Irish hallmarks? My Google-fu is failing me.
http://www.peterson.ie/pipes/hallmarking.html

All Peterson Silver Mounted Pipes carry three distinctive marks :
  1. The Symbol Hibernia (Ireland) denoting the country of origin.
  2. .925 is a new European standard mark denoting the high quality (purity) of the silver used.
  3. The Date Letter Code for the year in which the silver was hallmarked and the pipe made.

If I did that right clicking on the picture should bring you to the bigger version of the picture ;-)

AndyLowry

http://www.peterson.ie/pipes/hallmarking.html

All Peterson Silver Mounted Pipes carry three distinctive marks :
  1. The Symbol Hibernia (Ireland) denoting the country of origin.
  2. .925 is a new European standard mark denoting the high quality (purity) of the silver used.
  3. The Date Letter Code for the year in which the silver was hallmarked and the pipe made.

If I did that right clicking on the picture should bring you to the bigger version of the picture ;-)
Oh, what a dummy I am. Didn't think to go straight to Peterson, I was flailing around on various hallmark sites, all of which stopped at 1920 for Ireland. Thanks for tracking that down!

yinyang

Some rim charring is to be expected.
I hope you never tire of smoking Ennerdale, because with that behemoth, you won't ever...stop smoking, that is.

Glad you finally got it, too. Geez, that pipe has passed through more hands than my sister in law!

Status
Not open for further replies.