Some important words this holiday season

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by County Mountie, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. County Mountie

County Mountie Active Member

DELIVERY CONFIRMATION
    SIGNATURE REQUIRED
    INSURANCE

Trust me, it will be well worth it. Insist on it, and don't get anything shipped without it.

Signed,

A sad customer

Trauma likes this.

2. Pipe Dwarf

Pipe Dwarf New Member

Too true my friend!

3. Capt

Capt Active Member

What happened?

It is hard to get a sig delivery, I neverknow if I am going to be home when the package gets here.

4. menachem

menachem Member

Good advice no matter what one buys. The problem we have in Germany is if one sends to the states, they won't insure things. P&sses me off a bit when sending things, but hey, what can ya do?

5. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

Delivery confirmation and insurance ... yes.
    Signature required is difficult, especially during "the season".

PipeWife likes this.
  6. N3M0

N3M0 Active Member

My ups guy just drops stuff off at my house whether it requires a sig or not. I've talked with him about it once...but he still does it.

7. Smokey Tom

Smokey Tom Active Member

Call about him and complain... or if you want to be sneaky, claim the package never arrived. When they look for the signature confirmation, that driver will have some 'splainin to do.

PipeWife likes this.
  8. N3M0

N3M0 Active Member

I'm just worried now that if I call and complain (since I already spoke with him) that he'll know it was me and start roughing up my packages LOL.

9. menachem

menachem Member

Then you could sue.

10. N3M0

N3M0 Active Member

Meh, suing isn't my style. Call me old fashioned but I'd rather have his boss make him pay for any damages and verbally apologize in person.

Skrymr and gentimmy like this.
  11. Mark996

Mark996 Member

Luckily, I haven't had to deal with any issues. Only once was there an issue with a package (protein), said it was delivered, and it wasn't until about 2 hours later that night, not a big deal. I've found my best bet, is to either try and be home, or have my in laws stop by and wait for me if I can't be there. My neighbor will also help out keeping an eye for any packages, I the same for him.

12. Rodfather

Rodfather Active Member

Don't forget to wish everyone you meet a hearty MERRY CHRISTMAS

Raffxr7 likes this.
  13. OBro

OBro Member

I completely concur about the insurance. I worked for a certain "brown" parcel service for roughly six months during my senior year of highschool. People would cringe if they knew how their packages were treated from point A to point B.

14. County Mountie

County Mountie Active Member

Problem resolved:

The UPS driver left the package TWO BLOCKS AWAY at the wrong house, on the side porch of the house. I noticed it completely by accident on my way home from work, and the woman who lives there is elderly and wouldn't ever have noticed the package there. I got it and all contents are OK. Lesson learned.

Thanks for the great service UPS.

Morons

15. PipeWife

PipeWife Member

They did that to me once a few years ago ... and the package was also signature confirmation. By afternoon I had the regional manager in my living room, bringing me my package which had been left on the porch of a house on another street. The person who shipped the package also had his regional manager at his door to apologize in person. I'll repeat: that particular package was sent signature confirmation, and it was in the spring.

Tracking numbers are a necessity any time of year, with any carrier.

16. jdto

jdto Active Member

I never use UPS because of this sort of bs. Postal service may be slower, but it has been more reliable for me.

Scottly likes this.
  17. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

Ditto!

jdto likes this.
  18. Johnny

Johnny Member

If I have no choice but to use UPS, I have them ship it to work. That way it will get signed for by someone there and be in a safe place. I use USPS as much as possible though, good track record with me

19. RS422

RS422 Member

Postal service is actually a lot faster. First class from P&C takes 2-3 day from New York to Arizona. UPS takes 7-8 bussiness days.

N3M0 likes this.
  20. jdto

jdto Active Member

I have to take cross-border into account, so it's probably different than living in the US.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.