1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Something teensy..

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by BriarAnnie, Jun 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BriarAnnie

BriarAnnie Member

Im looking for a small flake pipe that comparable to the Peterson Barrel/tankard/belgique.

Im having a hard time finding the above mentioned pipe and was wondering if anyone had some good suggestions on a Group 1/group 2 pipe? Brand isnt so important.

Thanks!

2. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

I may have one that's right up your alley. If I think of it, I'll get some pics.

3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

4. ruffinogold

5. jhe888

jhe888 Member

I got lucky and found a Dunhill billiard in a Group 1 from the mid '60s last year on eBay. It needed a replacement tenon, but even with that cost, it was about $115. It is the cutest little thing and smokes just great. Good luck.

6. BriarAnnie

BriarAnnie Member

Cool Thanks!

7. woody

woody Admin Admin

I was sorta wanting a Rolly but read around that they really weren't good smokers so I got myself off that PAD roll.

8. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

9. BriarAnnie

BriarAnnie Member

10. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

I believe Cup O'Joe's has the Tankards and Barrels in stock. Belgiques maybe too. Dunhillish (1)-(2) bowls.

Stanwell Featherweights are also nice and small, although a bit bigger than the above three. Dunhillish (2)-(3).

King's Cross Featherweights (by Savinelli, now oop, but still around new) are wonderful little smokers as well. Dunhill (1)-(2).

Just finished up a half flake of Dunhill Flake ("GAF") in a Dunhill Quaint (1) and it was marvelous 20-30 minute smoke. Working on a coin of Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls in a Dunhill "Calabash" 3214. Small bowls have their place and good ones really shine. All of the above Petes, Stannies, KCF's, Dunhills, even the lowly MM Mini-cobs smoke great.

Ed
    Puff

11. Degenetron

Degenetron Member

MM missouri pride? Can't go wrong with that ;)

12. ruffinogold

13. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

Underdiscussed overperformers: smaller Prince of Wales. Shop for one bout 5.5" long. I have two, both flake stunners.

14. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

15. Tenthgate

Tenthgate Member

I use the pride as well, nice bowl fits a slice well.
    I also have a small billiard by Haig that strongirish sold me. Makes a great 30 minute smoke and looks cool ;) Not sure those are even made anymore.

My wife smokes Savinelli's "Byron's favorite pipe". It's not hard to see why it would be his favorite, nice flair. She says it's quite feminine although I don't know if Byron would agree :D It has a rather small bowl.

16. WillH

WillH Active Member

Right! You everyone has just sorta cruised right by the poor ole' lowly cob! They're small and perfect for flakes.....they even work well with flake style tobaccos!:eek:
    Put a nice aftermarket stem on the cob and they're almost classy. Was gonna say sexy but this is a ladies thread...and that wouldn't do..
    Will

Degenetron likes this.
  17. Degenetron

Degenetron Member

Made me giggle in a manly way.

Really though.. there is a lot to be said for cobs and perhaps the smaller natural ones in particular. They cost, what? 4$ and smoke as well or better than anything i got. The looks might not be for everyone, but i like that part about them too. They're simple and effective. Plus they make you feel like popeye.

18. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

I'll take a Castello over a Cob any day.....:haha:

19. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

I didn't! I smoke a "mini" in both cob and Ozark, with original teeney stems. Great little smokers. Superb "Quickie" :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.