spring is in the air

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by craig, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craig

craig Active Member

Hey guys hope your all well.

So spring is in the air (even though its only meant to last a day) bright blue skies pleasantly warm so im thinking maybe a aro today pipe is loaded with sweet peach by gawith and hoggarth my book is ready all i have to wait for now is parents getting home and i can retire to my pew outside (a half melted beer crate) and let the good times roll.

Its days like today now i have the knack for pipe snoking and the british weather behaves itself and the birds are singing theres no where else i would rather be.

Happy days are coming me thinks

Have a good day all.

2. StubrnDutchman

StubrnDutchman Member

It sounds like you have a great day planned. Good for you!

3. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Sposta snow here tomorrow...

MainePipe likes this.
  4. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Active Member

Sounds pretty good Craig!
    Expecting freezing rain, followed by 3-9 inches of snow this afternoon.
    Spring seems far off here.

MainePipe likes this.
  5. Beefcube

Beefcube Member

Yeah we have been warned to expect up to a foot of snow overnight.
    ...... "Spring is sprung man "

6. bubbagump

bubbagump Well-Known Member

That's what I thought until this week. We've got 5"+ of snow on the way. I took the motorcycle to work today. We'll see if I'm able to get home before the snow gets going.

7. craig

craig Active Member

Jeez that sounds bad guys hope you all manage to keep your daily routines up without too much fuss its sposed to rain and be cold here tomorow

8. bubbagump

It shouldn't be bad (at least this evening). The temperature is supposed to be around 40*. If it were cooler...I'd be scooting home at lunch to grab the truck. We'll see...I might still do that just to be on the safe side.

9. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Happy days coming fer sure! Watch your mail box mate!

craig likes this.
  10. bubbagump

Um...yeah. We're getting clobbered (by Virginia standards). 6" and counting. It's really coming down too. They're now calling for 6-12". It's supposed to snow until 3am though. Unless it slows down or turns to rain, I think it's a safe bet that we'll reach or break the 12" mark.

TWolf likes this.
  11. TWolf

TWolf Member

Yeah, if Spring is in the air...it looks an awful lot like snow flakes. :) Northern Maryland (within spittin' distance of the Mason-Dixon) here and we too are getting clobbered. If it continues as they say it will we'll hit 12" or more as well. My old employer hasn't taken me off the text message alert list yet (it's only been 9 months) and I got a message that they're closed today. I guess the downside to working from home is that I don't get a snow day.

Old Codger and bubbagump like this.
  12. bubbagump

I got the day off from my full-time job (fed gov is shutdown). However, I just called in...and my part-time employer (go in a couple evenings a week) is still open. That will be interesting this evening. At least it should keep the place quiet so we can leave at a reasonable hour.

TWolf likes this.
  13. Piperatthegates

Piperatthegates Member

Yep I remember those beautiful days of Spring, blue skies, pleasing, almost erotic warm breeze on the face, Snow Drops, and Bluebells popping their tiny heads through the freshly thawed ground, the beginnings of pale yellow tints to the daffodil flowers straining for life giving sunshine. Yep seems like it was just yesterday, hang on a moment, it WAS just yesterday, today is back to biting wind , dark grey skies, the heating on full blast and a quick reappearance of the down jacket. Thank heavens for the Gawiths. :bing:

14. TWolf

TWolf Member

Yep. My old employer was the Fed gov. I was RIFed. Had more to do with internal politics than with budget.

15. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

45 here, supposed to get to 50 today. Sun shinning and can see the squirrels in the trees outback of the house. Yep, Spring has sprung in the south.

16. craig

craig Active Member

Christ sounds like you guys in the states are having it bad hopefully we have seen the last of our snow....well i bloody hope so

17. Thuber88

Thuber88 Active Member

Had about 6" since yesterday afternoon, and supposed to be 42 by friday.

18. User3940

User3940 Active Member

Sounds like you have a good plan Craig. Enjoy.

19. Malcontent

Malcontent Active Member

You guys east of the mountains escape the worst of it in winter. We didn't get a lot of snow but the roads were ice this morning. When you live half way up a mountain, being able to stop at the bottom is somewhat important.
    We make up for it in summer, though. You have to live in a sauna.

20. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Yep, gets so hot in the summer, we gotta keep our popcorn in the frig so it wont pop in the cabinet. Gets so hot, June Bugs show up in April to miss the heat. Yep, you are SO right, but I don't miss the snow and ice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.