Squadron Leader room note

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
at the same time of joining this site I did a huge tobacco buy and I got a tin of SL. I jared it but I never tried it yet. Since I smoke with people around, i was wondering what people say when you guys smoke it? are the comments negative or positive?

nesta

It's an Oriental-forward latakia blend. It will smell a bit rich, exotic, and smokey. Some people like the aroma, others do not. I've heard latakia compared to woodfires and incense, but also to burning plastic. Some will love the smell, others will hate it.

Arkie

SL seems to set the standard for English blends and it has the distinctive room note of a mixture with latakia. It's tough to predict but I would guess that non-smokers would prefer it to a cigarette or cigar but not as much as an aromatic pipe blend such as Connoisseur's Choice (even my wife doesn't complain about CC.)

I smoke it on the regular, and mostly get positive remarks. I've had one or two people confused, not knowing whether they like it or not. As my girlfriend put it once "You smell like a man."
I guess the point I'm making is, it's a strong scent. Like the others above me mentioned, it seems people either love it or hate it. As for myself, it makes my mouth water. :)

Thanks guys, im getting the urge to open that jar. I smoked some Frog in a car with other people and one said that it smelled like Cedar and the other said it smelled like rott.

Status
Not open for further replies.