• This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Stain Coming off on Hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a new La Rossa pipe today and after smoking for a few minutes I noticed the dark red stain on the briar was coming off on my hands.

It seems to only come off when the pipes warm.

Normal?

Basil Meadows

Haven't had that happen with any of mine. Have you tried buffing and putting fresh carnauba wax back on it? Could be they didn't buff the excess stain off of it at the factory before waxing it, can't imagine someone letting that slip by, but we're all human!

Rodfather

I have that happen to me with a Nording. I thought to myself "You bastard if you want to play, O.K. I took some Everclear and gave it a good washing, three times and the next day a good coat of wax. It obviously lightened the finish but didn't hurt it any.

Icepick

It's not normal and LaRocca would probably make it right if you were willing to be without the pipe for a while. Regardless of what you decide, the place you bought it and LaRocca both need to know about it. Hope you get the problem fixed. Let us know the outcome.

Thanks for the help guys. I've continued smoking the pipe and the stain has stopped coming off.

Guess it was coming off due to the pipe being new. Oh well, all is good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.