1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Stanwell Featherweight

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by nesta, Feb 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I've been eyeing the featherweight series for a long time. I may have to pull the trigger on this one.

Stanwell Featherweights are currently on sale at Cigars International - 65 bucks each
    http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDisp.asp?item=PM-PSLFK-302-Q&cat=247

2. dBear

dBear Active Member

3. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

I really like the 304. I'd go for it, Nesta. I don't think you could find a better deal than that. That's a really fair price.

Have you ever actually held or smoked the featherweight? Although it is a Stanwell. And honestly, I've never read anything negative about a Stanwell. I can't say that about any other pipe manufacturer I've researched. They make a damn fine pipe.

bubbagump likes this.
  4. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I've not got anything from the featherweight line, but I have one of their other pipes which is super light.

I know it's an awesome price. I really want one, but, I don't need the cost, even if it's a good price. The big thing that gives me pause is that production has been moved out of Denmark. Stanwell is still always identified as a Danish brand, but the pipes are now made in Italy. I have no idea if the production quality has changed, but they look the same externally.

Linus, Stonewall and Old Codger like this.
  5. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

I just scored one on eBay for a song and dance. Once I get it ill post some pics and a quick review.

6. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

[​IMG]
    Delivered yesterday, cleaned up today, ready to smoke tomorrow. This thing is really light! The bowl is deeper than I thought it would be and it's narrow, should be great for VA flakes. Can't wait to fire it up!

7. dBear

dBear Active Member

But where's the pictures of the singing and dancing? :msty:

8. afiaowo

afiaowo Member

I'm liking that 302. These are filtered, right?

9. Linus

Linus Member

I could say some about differences between a danishmade and italymade stanwell, so do most danes, but my single italymade stanwell is not badly drilled, the major thing i've noticed is in the finish, doublestamped with about 1mm or 1/25" offset, stemmarkingpaint(?) comes of a bit too easy, stem was'nt really straight (the churchwarde stem on an H.C Andersen no.7) aluminumring had no shine, and last but not least, the churchwardenstem still had marks from the mashining on a lathe.

Does this put me off from buying italymade stanwells? Nope, the thing that put's me off from buying them is that when i wrote an email to scandinavian tobacco and pointed out these things i recived an email back where i was told it was forwarded to the right person in the company, then i did'nt hear one more word from them. In my opinion the lack of custmerservice are more serious then that a few pipes that dont stand up to measures slips through.

dBear likes this.
  10. Slow Tri

Slow Tri Is it Friday yet?

I have had a few of the 243 featherweight shapes. I love them.

The 243 has a pretty deep chamber for being a featherweight.......................my one complaint about the others is that they seem to be for quick smokes only because their chambers are pretty small.

They would be good for cold weather smoking however.

11. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

I have a thing for Stanwell 19's. And I will only buy them if they're made in Denmark!

12. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Does anyone know about 4 didget featherweights? Mine is numbered 7473 any you have all referenced 3 didget numbers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.