• This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Stanwell Featherweight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal Bend

Get off my lawn...
It's not like I need another pipe...so let's put this in the "just wondering" file. At least for now.

P&C's most recent enewsletter offers a "Stanwell Featherweight" as a Father's Day promotion at what looks like a good price. The size is variously described as "normal" in the email and with a "smaller bowl" on the website.

Anyone have one of these? Is it "normal" or "smaller." Just wondering -- for now.

cobbsmoker

I have a couple of the Danish made 107 billiards, small bowl, about a size 2 I'd say and excellent for smoking flake tobaccos, I use mine for McClelland flakes.

My dad has two. He doesnt smoke flakes but they are well sized for it. His only complaint is that they get really hot if you aren't careful due to the thinness of the briar. They are really well made pipes though. Super handsome. He waited and got his via estate through smokingpipes. What a deal!

cobbsmoker

My dad has two. He doesnt smoke flakes but they are well sized for it. His only complaint is that they get really hot if you aren't careful due to the thinness of the briar. They are really well made pipes though. Super handsome. He waited and got his via estate through smokingpipes. What a deal!
Not a pipe for the puffer, that's for sure! They will heat up quickly if smoked hard and fast.

I have s Stanwell Featherweight poker shape and although it is on the small side, it is a very good smoker as long as you pace yourself on the puffing. I would get another one...and I just might do that. :puffy:

Gig

I have a Stanwell 243 Featherweight and love it for flakes. I have no problem at all with it getting hot as others have but then, I'm a sipper and not a puffer. Highly recommend them if you're a clincher. Just don't imitate a steam train when smoking , just relax and take it easy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.