1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Stanwell HCA

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by CalPiper, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalPiper

CalPiper Member

Snagged it! Was roving the bay and found the pipe I was looking for and won it. Its a Stanwell Hans Christian Anderson smooth. Looks like a #2, but didnt say in the description, so will have to inspect more when it arrives, but close enough. May take a little while to get here seeing it has to come from foggy old London town, but anticipation only makes the appetite grow!!

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=380393927571

2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Ahh......... A closet Warden smoker eh?
    Nice:th1:

CalPiper likes this.
  3. CalPiper

CalPiper Member

Haha, actually I am not a huge fan of the churchwarden stem, only have 1 other in my rotation. But this one comes with both stems, so thats a win win all around!!

4. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

Yep, that's a II. I have one just like it. :)

[​IMG]

5. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Sweet. Congrats!

6. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

What a beautiful pipe, CalPiper. I don't have a churchwarden myself. I'm sure I lack the coordination to use it properly. And wearing trifocals would make it impossible for me to light.

Ol Brokedik.

7. DanielO

DanielO Member

I have an HCA VI sandblast, and it's one of my favorite pipes. I never thought I'd like a churchwarden until I tried one. Now I have six, if you count the forever stem churchwardens in my collection. The HCA is the best one.

8. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

Nice score! That is a no. 2. Looks like the 'warden stem could use a buff, but the standard stem should be acrylic, and therefore pretty good. The HCA no. 2 is one of my desert island pipe choices, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

9. YOJiMBO20

YOJiMBO20 Member

I just came inside from smoking my HCA 2. Used it in warden form tonight. Haven't done that in a while.

The only issue I have with it is that the side of the bowl closest to the stem doesn't want to cake. And I'm still working on figuring out just how to pack it.

Other than that, it's in my top two.

10. CalPiper

CalPiper Member

Wow! There are more people here with HCA's than I thought! And even a couple with #2's! Yeah I cannot wait for this baby to arrive, have been scouring the land for it and now it's time to put some fire to it!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.