1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Stanwell Vario 32

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by cigarsarge, Aug 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cigarsarge

cigarsarge Active Member

Last week I traded for a new Stanwell Vario 32. Stanwell Vario 32 What tobacco would you dedicate this pipe to. I'm thinking Virginia's...I've had good luck with that style with Virginia's in the past.

What say you...

2. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

:hmm: that pipe looks like a :icon_lemon: send it to me for a proper inspection & testing :bandit:

Seriously though, I would like the pipe choose the weed type or blend try a few things out...break it in...start with VA or Burley and if that pipe doesn't make them sing...perhaps a light lat blend or oreintal...just my $0.02

3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Dark Twist. Clearly a Dark Twist pipe.

But then....

I always kinda think that. :bandit:

4. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

bulldogs are a toby kinda pipe. by that i mean, whatever toby you put in them, they smoke well. i just think 90% of the little buggers are ugly. thats a goodun though. me likey. if you don't like it, gimme.

5. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

I'm with Liam on this one - that should smoke just about anything you could throw at it. It's so typically British in its looks though ( as smoked by Destroyer Captains in all the best B/W war movies ) that I'd have to try a Navy Flake in it first,

Very many happy years with it,

Gerry

6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Thats a classic pipe ! Start with a parfait ...confuse the hell out of it ... maybe it will be good for all blends ... lol ..... I'm with ya on the Virginia ! But yer best bet would be Golden extra :velho:

7. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

Very nice bulldog. I like how the rustication fades into a smooth finsih. You can never go wrong with a good VA in a bulldog.

8. tsgourley

tsgourley Member

Man a lot of us are on the same wavelength. My bulldogs love getting their VA treats. It seems like a perfect fit.

Grats on the new pipe, it's a beaut!

9. thetobaccophile

thetobaccophile Member

she is a beauty!

10. cigarsarge

cigarsarge Active Member

Just ran a little less than half a bowl of Exhausted Rooster through it...It did well for the first smoke. The flavor was a bit off...Got some funky new pipe tastes. It should do well when broken in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.