STG Coupons

Discussion in 'OTC Over the counter tobacco' started by Fr Tom, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain Old Ted Award 2017

I got some coupons in the mail for Captain Black and Borkum Riff. I can buy a pouch of each for $1. These are not really tobaccos I have historically smoked. It has probably been 30 years since I had any of either. The coupons are tempting though, and I wonder if it might be time to try these again. There is a Low Bob's tobacco place here in town that seems to carry these although I have never paid much attention to the specific pouches.

From the descriptions, CB Gold and BR Mixture Special #8 might be smokable for a guy like me. I figure for a buck a pouch, I am not out much. I can also pass it on if it is not my cup of coffee.

Any advice?

Wildcat and Basil Meadows like this.

2. UncleVint

UncleVint Member

I'd say do it. It might prove interesting.

3. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Got the same coupons, might be time to try CB again.

4. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Borkum Riff Bourbon Whiskey is pretty good...

5. Coastal Bend

Coastal Bend Get off my lawn...

Hard to pass up free (or practically free) stuff, isn't it? :)

Wildcat likes this.
  6. Fr Tom

I got BR Bourbon Whiskey and CB Gold. Selection was a little limited. It really was $1, and you did not have to pay tax on the original. If you are thinking there was a run on BR and CB because of the coupons, they had never seen them before at the store...

7. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I'd dry out the CB Gold really well, as it has a rather pleasant taste. It's just too goopy right out of the pouch. I haven't smoked the BR.

8. bubbagump

bubbagump Well-Known Member

If anyone has luck using these coupons, please post up the name of the store that accepted them (I struck out at two local tobacco stores).

I plan on getting a pouch of CBW (or Royal...if anyone that stocks the stuff will take the coupon) and blending it with CH.

9. Fr Tom

Low Bob's took mine.

10. bubbagump

I have a similar place locally...I'll have to check them out. Part of the problem is that there was a language barrier at both of the places I hit. They thought it was $1 off and got pissy when I tried to point out that wasn't the case.

11. Fr Tom

At Low Bob's they got some significant bit of information by scanning that bar code on the back.

12. sarge564

sarge564 Member

So Tom, How are they?

13. Fr Tom

Ha! have not tried them yet. At present they are aging in the pouches. I will need to try them soon though after getting interest up.

14. bubbagump

Yeah...assuming either of those places were willing to do that, I'm sure they'd have found the same thing.

15. Fr Tom

OK - smoking the CB Gold now. It is very damp in the pouch. I did not dry it, but I will next time. It presents as a smokable golden cavendish - slightly sweet in a Danish cavendish sort of way. There is a topping with vanilla but it is not overpowering to me. I am getting more tobacco flavor at the bottom of the bowl. Despite the moistness, I am not getting gurgle. It is fairly mild and it is something I might buy again if I were on the road and ran out of one of my regulars. I am liking this more than I expected to. This is a different kind of smoke than SWR, but it falls in the same category. I could smoke this every day, but there are things I like more. I will finish up the pouch, and it may grow on me, but I suspect it will be in the "good but not great" category for me when the pouch is done. At $1 a pouch, I would go buy some more tomorrow.

In the interests of full disclosure, I find most tobaccos to be a 3 out of 4 on the TR rating scale. I tend to stay away from aromatics, but I am not one of those guys who can only smoke Stonehaven or Penzance.

16. bubbagump

Ok...Food Dog (Lion) took my coupon. It was a bit of an ordeal to get them to process it correctly though. I went through the same $1 off vs. $1 total thing. Anyways...got me a $1 pouch of CB Royal to toss in my cellar.:bing:

Fr Tom likes this.
  17. Fr Tom

PS Amsterdam in a Vauen white dot bent bulldog with p-lip

18. Wildcat

Wildcat Active Member

I received the 2 coupons as well. Did you complete the survey? I plan to, as I hope it helps the manufacturer and hopefully it keeps me in the coupon loop. I plan on redeeming my coupons this week.

19. Fr Tom

I did not do the survey. Maybe I should.

20. Wildcat

Wildcat Active Member

Let's them know we are appreciative and involved versus simply mooching:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.