STG Coupons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fr Tom

PSF Chaplain
Old Ted Award 2017
I got some coupons in the mail for Captain Black and Borkum Riff. I can buy a pouch of each for $1. These are not really tobaccos I have historically smoked. It has probably been 30 years since I had any of either. The coupons are tempting though, and I wonder if it might be time to try these again. There is a Low Bob's tobacco place here in town that seems to carry these although I have never paid much attention to the specific pouches.

From the descriptions, CB Gold and BR Mixture Special #8 might be smokable for a guy like me. I figure for a buck a pouch, I am not out much. I can also pass it on if it is not my cup of coffee.

Any advice?

Take 15% off Cigar Gifts! Use Promo Code: GIFT15 at cart

Fr Tom

PSF Chaplain
Old Ted Award 2017
I got BR Bourbon Whiskey and CB Gold. Selection was a little limited. It really was $1, and you did not have to pay tax on the original. If you are thinking there was a run on BR and CB because of the coupons, they had never seen them before at the store...

dmkerr

PG- free since '83!
Staff member
I'd dry out the CB Gold really well, as it has a rather pleasant taste. It's just too goopy right out of the pouch. I haven't smoked the BR.

bubbagump

If anyone has luck using these coupons, please post up the name of the store that accepted them (I struck out at two local tobacco stores).

I plan on getting a pouch of CBW (or Royal...if anyone that stocks the stuff will take the coupon) and blending it with CH.

bubbagump

I have a similar place locally...I'll have to check them out. Part of the problem is that there was a language barrier at both of the places I hit. They thought it was $1 off and got pissy when I tried to point out that wasn't the case.

Fr Tom

PSF Chaplain
Old Ted Award 2017
OK - smoking the CB Gold now. It is very damp in the pouch. I did not dry it, but I will next time. It presents as a smokable golden cavendish - slightly sweet in a Danish cavendish sort of way. There is a topping with vanilla but it is not overpowering to me. I am getting more tobacco flavor at the bottom of the bowl. Despite the moistness, I am not getting gurgle. It is fairly mild and it is something I might buy again if I were on the road and ran out of one of my regulars. I am liking this more than I expected to. This is a different kind of smoke than SWR, but it falls in the same category. I could smoke this every day, but there are things I like more. I will finish up the pouch, and it may grow on me, but I suspect it will be in the "good but not great" category for me when the pouch is done. At $1 a pouch, I would go buy some more tomorrow.

In the interests of full disclosure, I find most tobaccos to be a 3 out of 4 on the TR rating scale. I tend to stay away from aromatics, but I am not one of those guys who can only smoke Stonehaven or Penzance.

bubbagump

Ok...Food Dog (Lion) took my coupon. It was a bit of an ordeal to get them to process it correctly though. I went through the same $1 off vs. $1 total thing. Anyways...got me a $1 pouch of CB Royal to toss in my cellar.:bing:

Wildcat

Say what now?
I received the 2 coupons as well. Did you complete the survey? I plan to, as I hope it helps the manufacturer and hopefully it keeps me in the coupon loop. I plan on redeeming my coupons this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.