1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Stinger Question

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Dutchking22, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dutchking22

Dutchking22 Member

I am getting a pipe with a stinger. It screws out, but on ones that don't, how do you clean them out?

2. YOJiMBO20

YOJiMBO20 Member

You cut off the stinger and throw it away.

The worst pipe I've ever smoked was due to the stinger. Moisture would condense on it all the time and I'd occasionally get little hot water bombs as I smoke. Not fun. Not fun at all.

3. Iain

Iain Active Member

I have a Kaywoodie that does that but I want to keep the stinger, mid smoke I unscrew the stem and shake the moisture out, it's possible with the stem off to force a narrow pipe cleaner through also. A Goldspot Bulldog I have came with a removable stinger that I took out and never put back.

4. mtsgsd

mtsgsd Active Member

Tapered pipe cleaners are just the thing for pipes like that. I have two Kaywoodies now, and I like them alot. Seems to me that if the whole idea of the stinger is to remove moisture from the smoke well, it's got to end up somewhere right? Since the stem is a screw fit, there's no worries about removing it to dry out the chamber. A little practice has already reduced that need to almost zero.

5. HiloJohnny

HiloJohnny Guest

I have never found a pipe to smoke better with a stinger in place. If I have a pipe with a stinger, I always remove it....I only save it if I think I may want to sell it in the future....:old:

6. telltime

telltime Active Member

I don't remove stingers from the pipes I have with them... To clean it, I just run some warm water through it, then use a pipe cleaner soaked in a little whiskey down as far as it will go and then let it dry.

Never, ever had a problem with a pipe with a stinger. Some people suggest cutting them off. I don't.

7. badbusinessman

badbusinessman ☺️

I prefer the stinger. Kaywoodies with their stingers cut off don't smoke as well for me. This particular system pipe seems to work well for some people and not at all for others. I smoke pretty slowly and gently with a relatively loose pack, so that might be it.

8. Dutchking22

Dutchking22 Member

This one is a screw job, if memory serves....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.