storage of a kake tobacco

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by David Emond, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

Hi everyone,

I received a order last week from SP and I got some anni kake. Just wanted to know if a mason jar is still good for this type of tobacco?
    [​IMG]

2. Johnny

Johnny Member

A mason jar will work perfectly for it, David. Works for all types of tobacco

Rodfather and David Emond like this.
  3. David Emond

Thanks just making sure. Spent the past week fighting a fever/cold so im just getting around to jaring it.

4. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

I have 5 pounds in mason jars. I can expect this Va/Per to get even better with age. This is the only Va/Per I'll smoke.

David Emond likes this.
  5. David Emond

Well i was under the impression that this was going to be a somewhat solid cube that would crumble easy. I was very much surprised to see the content. Its like if i took the last piece of cake that is super dry and crumbled it into a thousand pieces and put it into a tin.

I wanted to poor milk into the tin a start eating it. That what i like to do with dry cake.

Ol Brokedik likes this.
  6. Ol Brokedik

Did you buy a tin of this or bulk?

7. Ol Brokedik

Oooops! I just looked again and saw your tin. I was hoping you got it from Pipes and Cigars since it's one of their house blends. Maybe your tin wasn't properly sealed.

At any rate, you're AnniKake should have been a bit moist. I'd email Smoking Pipes , see if they can help with a new tin. It's worth a try. Of course, you'll end up paying postage both ways so maybe it's not cost effective.

8. David Emond

Hmm so it was supposed to be a solid block?

Ol Brokedik likes this.
  9. smokey422

smokey422 Member

My Anniversary Kake arrived in solid cake form that broke up pretty easily when it was time to store it. Mason jars work great for storage and, yes, it gets better with age.

Smokey

10. OldSouled65

OldSouled65 Member

Any Kake is supposed to be a solid block. Kakes however break up relatively easily and I could see one falling apart during shipping.
    Plug is a different story.

11. Ol Brokedik

Yes, looks a little like a brownie. I've never had to rehydrate a cake but I suppose it'd work.

David Emond likes this.
  12. will

will Member

Anniversary Kake is great but a little fragile, one can I ordered was pre rubbed out from shipping.
    Now Pirate Kake is more like a block or plug and I actually had to get out the big knife to chop it down into little neat pieces for the mason jars.

Ol Brokedik and David Emond like this.
  13. David Emond

Well im at work so i cant take pics but ill upload some pics of the tobby after work. Hopefully you guys can tell me if its still good.

14. David Emond

Thanks, im happy it happened to someone els. After instecting the tobbaco more it looks like its still good and now that i can breathe better it smeels just like cake well i find.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.