• This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Suggestions for a new pipe please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to pipe smoking i would be considered a newb. I have 1/2 dozzen pipes all ranging $40 or less. Im looking to get a new pipe in the range of $80-120. I know there are thousands of pipes and styles to chose from but would like your suggestions on what manufacturer to go with in that range. What do you like?

SouthBound

Curmudgeon At-Large
Patron
If you want one that doesn't get the accolades it deserves, try a new Brebbia. I have two that are excellent smokers for a bargain price. If you want to try an estate pipe from eBay, you open a wide range of fantastic possibilities. An estate Radice would be in that price range and would certainly impress you.

Last edited:

Spillproof

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
This is a painfully difficult question to answer. Particularly when you consider estate pipes, where on the right day your budget will buy you a very nice Dunhill, Barling, Upshall, Radice, Ser Jacopo, Il Ceppo, etc.. Or just about any other factory pipe.

Do you have a favorite shape?
Do you care where it's made?
What stem material do you prefer?

That might help me help you.

This is a painfully difficult question to answer. Particularly when you consider estate pipes, where on the right day your budget will buy you a very nice Dunhill, Barling, Upshall, Radice, Ser Jacopo, Il Ceppo, etc.. Or just about any other factory pipe.

Do you have a favorite shape?
Do you care where it's made?
What stem material do you prefer?

That might help me help you.

To answer your questions I do not have a favorite shape yet. The pipes I have now are just regular shaped bowls, if there is such a thing.
I do not care where they are made, just want a good smoker.
Not enough experience with different stem material to know what I would prefer.

I'm going to check out some of the recommendations you listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.