Summer's here - time for a change/break

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Old Ted, May 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Summer seems to have arrived at last over here, and I got to thinking - just how much time can be spent (or wasted, depending how you look at it!) staring at a monitor. I like to get out and about in the good weather, and my workshop and garden has plenty to occupy me otherwise, so this laptop is going 'on the shelf' for a while, and I shall not be online as much as I have been.
    OT

2. Atom

Atom Member

Carpe Diem! And hopefully lots of sunny days to enjoy!

YAPPG likes this.
  3. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Luckily I can troll the forum while in class and during the day without it getting in the way of outside activities whether it be beer by the pool, a bike ride, fishing, shooting, you name it.

YAPPG likes this.
  4. craig

craig Active Member

This is the reason im glad i have a smart phone as i dont need to be stuck indoors to be on here :D

YAPPG likes this.
  5. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

I take your point Craig, but personally - when out and about enjoying the countryside or whatever, I have no wish to keep looking to see if someone's asking how many times they can smoke their pipe in a day, or showing off their beards (with not a smile to be seen!;))......but each to his own!, and a change is as good as a rest - so they say!:)
    OT

6. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Active Member

The same is true for me. (well not the summer part, it's monsoon season here in Indiana)
    I didn't log on once this weekend, just too much going on, and it looks like next weekend will be similar.

7. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

So what are you sayin , OT ......... you got a life or something !? :beck:

Johnny Dingo and Brit abroad like this.
  8. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

So can we look forward to the "Old Ted's Caravan Tour of the British Isles" thread sometime in the future?...

Brit abroad likes this.
  9. craig

craig Active Member

Good point ted what i meant was if i fancied loging on im not restricted to being indoors but i do agree when out and about sampling our fine countryside smoking my "virgnia mikture" (as you keep reminding me haha) nothing else can beat it

10. Moose

Moose Active Member

I totally understand your position OT. It is getting to that time of the year where the days and chores are longer. I usually am outside shortly after (or during) my morning coffee, and
    don't come back inside until late evening. I am able to still check-in in the morning and after a day's toils, but I am sure there will be less time available to be on the computer. Oh well, fall and winter willl be here before we know it.
    We will miss you and your additions to the forum. Enjoy.

11. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Don't become scarce , ya git , but if you do , just make sure you make a bunch of pipes . You're a hell of a pipe maker

Brit abroad likes this.
  12. Biggles

Biggles Member

Like Smoky said - I'll second that emotion! Summertime is just waay too nice and waaay to effin short to be indoors.

And dem falcons smoke great outdoors! :ohyh:

13. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

I don't like going outside too much myself. Always some cop accusing me of being "drunk in public," and people saying I can't sleep on their lawns or the benches at the bus stop.

14. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Summer is probably my least favorite season...its too extreme for me...

Whitespot and dwhit like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.