Sweet Aromatic advice , Please

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by PlumberKing, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PlumberKing

PlumberKing Member

Ok I went to the local B&M shop (big mistake again) I got some of the "bulk" stuff they had and it smell decent , but man its dreadfull once you put fire to it ..Anyone have a new guy suggestion for something sweet and aromatic ? sorry if it makes me less manly but I puffed some Capt Black cherry and it was better than this stuff..Thanks all

Rick in Alaska .

mitchell and ruffinogold like this.

2. cigarsarge

cigarsarge Active Member

Vermont Meat Candy...pretty good stuff for an aro.

mitchell and DaveyBoy like this.
  3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Lanes MV 1000 is sweet with a mild aromatic flavor and it's mindless to light and keep lit . It's available in bulk so you can get a 1 oz sample of it . Smokers Pride Black Cavendish is cheap , cool smoking , good and you can get 1 oz samples of it . If youre wanting something a bit more tobacco like , try Peter Stokkebye Luxury twist Flake ! You can get 1 oz samples of it too .Theres really a ton of them .. smokingpipes and wvsmokeshop have a bunch of 1 oz samples of their bulk stuff .. heck , for 20 bucks , you could try all kinds of stuff :th1:Enjoy

http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/bulk/
    http://wvsmokeshop.com/pipetobacco.aspx

mitchell, TWolf, Ephraim and 2 others like this.
  4. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

+1

WVsmokeshop is an excellent place to try a bunch of tobacco without breaking the bank. Their selection is smaller, but their prices are darned hard to beat. It's also, by far, the best place to shop for inexpensive Dr. Grabow and Kaywoodie pipes.

5. Puffstone

Puffstone Active Member

Sorry your tobacco didn't work out for you, and everyone here has good advice that I agree with, I will however add that you may put the one you don't like to the side and maybe let it age, or dry out a bit and visit at a later day. It may be better. You may also try it in no different pipe, It may be different.
    Good luck

mitchell likes this.
  6. BigG

BigG Member

+1 for Vermont Meat Candy.
    I'd also add pipesandcigars.com Trout Stream

7. PlumberKing

PlumberKing Member

Thanks everyone , letting the B&M "cherry" breath some , my sutliff sampler should be here tomorrow , and Vanilla Cavendish from the worlds worst B&M isnt too bad if you smoke slow . Wife smoked it a bit fast said it had some "bite" to her tongue , although it was 20 and snowing so that might effect smoking speed . I will be ordering sampler tins of the above suggestions . I love smoking a pipe , you meet really helpfull and polite people fairly often

mitchell, Ephraim and DODiF like this.
  8. Steve IoM

Steve IoM Member

If you can get hold of Ashton's Rainy Day, Smooth Sailing or Guilty Pleasure they're worth a try.

9. jeff394

jeff394 Member

I just tried some of this Drew Estate 7th Avenue Blonde, and boy is it sweet. Not bad when I'm in the mood for it.

10. bubbagump

bubbagump Well-Known Member

From looking at your other thread too....check out Iwan Ries & Co. Cherry Cordial. The smell and taste of that stuff is absolutely amazing.

11. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

Lane 1-Q is a classic. Many Boswell blends are good aros. I adored Uhle's Christmas '11, but haven't tried any other aros from them.

12. bubbagump

bubbagump Well-Known Member

I can vouch for Christmas Cookie and Boswell's Best.

13. mrpipster

mrpipster Active Member

1Q is a solid choice.

14. soonersoftail

soonersoftail Member

I just got some Adirondack Gold from Cup 'O Joes. It's sweet with vanilla and spice flavors from lighting to the bottom of the bowl. Lights and smokes very well. Very little after taste which I also like.

15. TWolf

TWolf Member

I found Lane RLP-6 to be a really good and easily smokable aro when I first started (not all that long ago). Easy to pack. Easy to light and keep lit. Tasty and it's definitely sweet. It's funny, I hadn't smoked it in a long time and I had a bowl of it last week and while I was smoking it I was thinking, man that's a lot sweeter than I was in the mood for...

16. ChrisB

ChrisB Member

McC Old Church...the best aro in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.