Swr aromatic ... not overly sweet ... manly .. yet a little sweet

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by RTOdhner, Oct 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

OK, I stole the words out of one of Ruff's posts - but these are almost the exact words my wife used to describe the SWRA I smoked this evening when I got home from work. Where as I thought it was good in a regular cob, tonight I loaded a big ol' MM General with some, and it was awesome cuz, I figger, the extra tall bowl gave the blend an opportunity to hit its stride and really shine. I for sure need to cellar a tub or two of this stuff! :bing:

2. user1975

user1975 Active Member

I got a pouch of this the other day from a friend, and I love it! I hadn't been able to find it here, but I noticed some the other day, I guess they had a hard time getting it, or someone asked them for it. Too bad all they had was pouches, I'm going to ask them to order me a tub.

3. Darkly

Darkly Active Member

lol! No doubt.. im actually smoking a bowl of swra from the pouch right now... cant wait till Payday so I can afford a tube of this stuff..!

4. TxPipesmoker

TxPipesmoker Active Member

Squeeze tube? That would be cool.:D

5. Darkly

Darkly Active Member

DOH! lmao.. Mah bad.. yeah.. a tub... But a squeeze tube does sound like a interesting delivery system... like if astronauts smoked pipe... They could use it!

Mark w4mms likes this.
  6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Had a couple bowls today at work .... man , it's really good stuff !

7. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Active Member

It's really all I smoke anymore. I look at the jars and the other tins, but I'd rather just peel the lid off the SWRA. When I inhale, I have to take another sniff to make sure it smells as good as I think it does. It does. I follow my nose. Lit, it is a smoothly, automatically, savory smoke from beginning to end. I am disappointed when the bowl is finally spent.

With that said, I'm about to pack another bowl.
    -WK

Mark w4mms and ruffinogold like this.
  8. furious

furious Junque collector

Great stuff indeed. Just finished a bowl and loved it as always.

9. Smokey

Smokey Member

Three bowls of it today for me, one with coffee this morning and two more this evening! 2 tubs cellared and probably will order more! love the stuff

10. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Or... a pipe! :xd:

Sorry, Darkly, that was just too easy. :byg:

You guys are on to something, though. Pretty doggone tasty stuff!

11. Darkly

Darkly Active Member

ROTFL!! Yeah.. guess your not supposed to smoke it from the pouch, huh? I was wondering why all that hot drippy plastic was burning me! Meh.. I never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the shed...lol

Mark w4mms, RTOdhner and HCraven like this.
  12. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

SWRA is dam good stuff.

13. 1stGenRex

1stGenRex Member

Still trying to decide what blends to take with me on vacation, but I know FOR SURE that SWRA is going with me ;)

Mark w4mms and ruffinogold like this.
  14. MarkC

MarkC Member

Does it cellar well?

Mark

15. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Active Member

It smokes well no matter how long it ages (not that I let it age very long), but the rich scent that the bucket exhales when I break the metal seal on a fresh tin makes me want to smoke it up one bowl after another. Smoked or unsmoked, this one is a reliable winner that will convert people to OTCs like no other. Nothing agains CH or PA (or any of the others), but SWRA is a very different, very pleasant experience that takes burley to another level of contemplative enjoyment.

I like it a lot, and I thank ruffino for whetting my appetite originally. The blend sold itself to me from Bowl One, and I still can't get enough.
    WK

Smokey and Mark w4mms like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.