Synjeco stops exporting all tobacco to the USA

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by raffles07, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raffles07

raffles07 Member

It's just come to my attention that Daniel Schneider has this on his web site:

"FDA setup new rules at July 1st, 2010. According to this it is totally forbidden to send tobacco and tobacco products to USA, even between individuals as private mail. For this reason we don't send any tobacco to USA, we are really sorry and apologize."

I've made some enquires and I believe he's misinterpreted the PACT Act 2010, and that the restrictions do not apply to pipe tobacco.

Can anyone in the US report recently receiving (or indeed, having seized by US Customs!) any packages marked "Pipe Tobacco"?

It's been over a year since I sent any, which pre-dates the PACT Act, but I never had a problem sending tobacco so declared at that time.

2. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

Unless I missed something, pipe tobacco and cigars are exempt. Snuff, alas, is not.

3. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

I had a go round with this a couple of months ago. I remember clearly that cigars were listed as exempt, I recall that pipe tobacco was not so clearly called out. I posted about it here, I think the name of the topic was "Pact Act".

4. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

Further, it's only the Postal Service which is prohibited from carrying cigarettes and smokeless. I can still get snus via UPS, if I wanted to, but state taxes are now collected by the seller.

5. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

I can not confirm that I received a package
    from a country that starts with Den and
    ends with mark just only months ago
    containing contents that were intended
    for use in a tobacco pipe. :whistle:

Sincerely,
    "yinyang"

6. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

Have been receiving regular shipments from my tobacco pimp in the UK...no problems.

7. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

The WV Smokeshop ships U.S. Mail, so it seems this doesn't apply to pipe tobacco.

8. raffles07

raffles07 Member

And he marks them "pipe tobacco"? There shouldn't be a problem with this, as, AFAIK, pipe tobacco is a legal product and not subject to any extra duty.

9. ZuluSafari

ZuluSafari Member

I just received some 8 oz bags of Ramsgate and Blackpool from Ohio sent through US Priority Mail, so Pipe Tobacco is still OK with USPS, at least domestally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.